The College is pleased to announce our new President, Vice President, Director from the FRACMA membership category, Director from the AFRACMA membership category, Chair Finance and Audit Committee and Chair Continuing Education Program Committee, who officially took over the positions at this year’s AGM.
President – Dr Helen Parsons CSC. Helen becomes the President after being a Board Director since 2016 (she was re-elected in 2019). She has been a highly active Member of RACMA carrying out a number of roles including, Chair Policy and Advocacy Committee, Preceptor, Candidate Coach, and a member of the Board of Censors. She is currently the District Director Medical Workforce at Nepean Blue Mountains LHD.
Vice President – Professor Erwin Loh. Erwin takes on the role of Vice President after carrying out the position of Chair Finance and Audit Committee since 2017 (he was re-elected in 2020). He is currently national Chief Medical Officer and Group General Manager Clinical Governance for St Vincent’s Health Australia.
Director (FRACMA membership category) –
Dr Helen McArdle
New to the RACMA Board, Helen is a Locum Medical Administrator and the current AMA Tasmania President. She has been a Fellow for more than 30 years and actively involved in RACMA as a Preceptor and as the Jurisdictional Coordinator of Training for Tasmania. Helen is also a member of the AMA Federal Council and a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Director (AFRACMA membership category) –
Dr Angela Williams
New to the RACMA Board, Angela is a Consultant Forensic Physician with the Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine. She became an Associate Fellow in 2019 and since then has been a member of the Victorian Jurisdictional Committee and RACMA’s Constitutional Review Working Group.
Chair Finance and Audit Committee –
Professor Alan Sandford AM
Having completed his Presidency term this year, Alan continues his involvement with the Board taking on the Chair Finance and Audit Committee position for the first time. Alan is currently the Director of Medical Academic Development – Regional Medical Pathway, Central Queensland & Wide Bay Hospital and Health Services.
Chair Continuing Education Program Committee –
Dr Greg Watters
Currently a locum DMS, Greg steps into this role having been actively involved with the College since becoming a Member. He has been the CPD Coordinator for New South Wales since 2018, is a College Preceptor and was the Candidate Representative for the New South Wales Jurisdictional Committee.
The new RACMA Board now comprises:
- Dr Helen Parsons CSC – President
- Professor Erwin Loh – Vice President
- Professor Alan Sandford AM – Chair Finance Audit Committee
- Associate Professor Pooshan Navathe – Chair Education and Training Committee
- Dr Helen McArdle – Director (FRACMA membership category)
- Dr Mellissa Naidoo – Director (FRACMA membership category)
- Associate Professor Luis Prado – Director (FRACMA membership category)
- Dr Angela Williams – Director (AFRACMA membership category)
- Dr Allison Turnock – Director (Candidate membership category)
- Ms Gillian Biscoe – Director (independent member)
- Ms Kiri Rikihana – Director (independent member)
RACMA recognises Professor Alan Sandford for his contribution to the College as President for the past three years, and Professor Erwin Loh for his service as Chair Finance and Audit Committee over the past five years.
Finally, the College sincerely thanks our outgoing office bearers:
- Dr Iwona Stolarek for her support as Vice President for the past three years
- Dr Vinay Rane for his role as Director from the AFRACMA membership category
- Dr Liz Mullins for her service to RACMA as Chair Continuing Education Program Committee for the past six years