Plans are well underway for RACMA’s inaugural UK Study Tour with the group of 15 Members confirmed after an overwhelming response to the Expression of Interest last year.
An idea born from the 2022 Board planning day, the College has worked to make it come to fruition to provide Members an opportunity to learn firsthand about other healthcare systems. It is another initiative to help RACMA deliver on its strategic priorities of delivering high-quality Member services and support and expanding the College’s influence.
Lead by Dr David Rankin, the tour will provide participants with an overview of the NHS, its structure, funding, challenges, innovations and vision as it particularly applies to Medical Leadership. It is intended to introduce participants to concepts that can be usefully applied to medical leadership in Australia and New Zealand.
The study tour will take in a range of health services and universities across London, Birmingham and Bangor in the north of Wales, including:
- University College London
- Stevenage health service
- Birmingham University
- Birmingham NHS trust
- Bangor University (North Wales)
- Bangor health service
- Cromwell Private Hospital
- London Medical Laboratory
Topics that will be covered include:
- Quality and outcome measurement
- Patient experience measurement
- Safety and quality / accreditation
- Medical practitioner performance reporting
- Clinical governance/incident review
- Medical practitioner engagement, credentialing, remuneration
- Acute primary interface
- Process improvement, minimising length of stay
- Regulation of health practitioners
- Health policy and strategies for the future
- Medical workforce recruitment and retention
- Private hospital services and delivery
- Virtual hospital, workforce substitution
- Rural health
The College acknowledges the support of a number of Members and the Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management in London in the development of the tour program.
The tour is at the cost of each individual participant and is not being funded by RACMA.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
Author: Maria Cerullo
23rd January 2023
Acknowledging ANZAC Day 2023
Anzac Day is a time of remembrance of the contribution of those men and women of…
Honorary Fellow Professor Brendan Murphy AC Announces Retirement from Government
The College has commended the superior health system leadership of Honorary Fellow Professor Brendan Murphy AC,…