Applications for the Fellowship Training Program for 2021 will open mid August 2020
Eligibility requirements to apply for RACMA Candidacy
To be eligible to apply for specialist training and Fellowship of the RACMA, you must meet the following criteria:-
- Hold an undergraduate medical degree from a recognised Australian or New Zealand university or equivalent; and
- Have current general medical registration with the relevant medical Board or Council in Australia or New Zealand; and
- Demonstrate a minimum of three years full time clinical experience involving direct patient care; and
- Be in a training post in a medical management position.
The training post may be:-
- a position previously accredited by RACMA for training purposes; or
- a position likely to qualify as a training post but not yet accredited; or
- a substantive position that will allow the Candidate to develop the appropriate medical management competencies.
The post must be in either Australia or New Zealand and further information about the process can be found HERE.
How to apply?
All applications must be made online by clicking the link below. Your application must include evidence of:-
- Medical registration including any conditions.
- Copy of your current Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Letter of support from your employer (if applicable).
- Confirmation you are in an accredited training post (if applicable).
Your CV should include the following detailed information:-
- medical management experience
- other qualifications
- publications and research activities
- continuing professional development activities undertaken in the last 12 months
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure they meet the minimum eligibility criteria and training requirements prior to applying.
Policies relating to Fellowship training can be found HERE.
All Applicants must submit 3 Referee Reports with their application.
Please click HERE to access the referee report template.
Applications will not be processed until all 3 referee reports have been received.
Recognition of Prior Learning and Experience (RPLE)
It is recognised that applicants may have gained prior medical management training or experience which is comparable to the components of the RACMA FTP.
All applicants will have their eligibility assessed for consideration of RPLE during the selection process and, if deemed eligible, will be contacted to formally apply for RPLE.
For more information about RPLE and the interview and assessment process please click HERE.
There is a non-refundable application fee of $1,441 (inc GST). This will be invoiced upon receipt of completed application form. A complete list of associated training fees for the Fellowship Training Program can be found HERE. Applications will not be processed until payment has been received.
If you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on +61 3 9824 4699.