To be eligible to apply for specialist training in the RACMA Fellowship Training Program (FTP), you MUST meet all the following criteria:
1. Hold an undergraduate medical degree from a recognised Australian or New Zealand university (or equivalent); and
2. Applicants should hold general registration (unconditional) with the Australian Health Practitioner Agency (AHPRA) or full general medical registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ).
- Australian applicants – If an applicant does not have general registration at time of application, they will be required to seek an enabling condition on their registration with the Medical Board of Australia. This will allow training to be undertaken in another scope or speciality. Evidence of amendment to registration will be required by no later than 1 February 2024.
3. Demonstrate a minimum of three (3) years full time clinical experience involving direct patient care; and
4. Be in a RACMA accredited training post or be in a post that is likely to qualify as a training post. Please click HERE for further information on accreditation requirements.
Before you can proceed with your application, you will be asked to confirm you meet the above eligibility criteria.You may not proceed unless all four criteria are met.