April 2023 Update
Fellowship Training Program Renewal Project – Member Consultation
The Fellowship Training Program Renewal Project Working Group are inviting feedback on draft Curriculum Learning Outcomes for the renewed Fellowship Training Program. The draft Learning Outcomes describe the capabilities and competencies Candidates need to attain to meet the requirements of the Program. More information about the consultation process is available HERE.
Fellowship Training Program Renewal Project – Working Group
We are pleased to announce that following an Expression of Interest process, Dr Leah Barrett-Beck has joined the Working Group as the Jurisdictional Coordinator of Training Representative.
March 2023 Update
The RACMA Board has recently approved that the Renewed Fellowship Training Program will launch for Candidates commencing in 2025.
The membership of the Working Group has been expanded to include broader representation of stakeholders.
Current members of the Working Group:
- Prof Pooshan Navathé (Chair, Education and Training Committee (Working Group Chair)
- Adj Prof Gillian Biscoe AM (Consumer Representative)
- Dr Darrell Duncan (Censor-in-Chief)
- Dr Joshua Hatton (RACMA Fellow less than five years since graduation)
- Dr Isabelle Kapterian (representative of the Candidate Advisory Committee)
- Prof Tony Lawler (RACMA Fellow less than five years since graduation)
- Dr Peter Lowthian (Lead Fellow, Leadership for Clinicians)
- Mr Cris Massis (RACMA Chief Executive)
- Dr Donna O’Sullivan (Chair, Training Progress Committee)
The Board approved that the Working Group also include:
- One (1) Jurisdictional Coordinator of Training
- One (1) RACMA Fellow who is a representative of the Policy and Advocacy Committee
The Working Group will also include representation from Aotearoa New Zealand, and from the Private and Public sectors.
The Working Group has been reviewing several components of the Fellowship Training Program.
These include the Masters and Research Training requirements and the curriculum. Discussion papers about proposed changes to the Masters and Research Training requirements have been prepared for stakeholder feedback. Members of the following Committees have been asked to provide feedback:
- Accreditation Committee
- Board of Censors
- Candidate Advisory Committee
- Training Progress Committee
The 2011 curriculum document has been reviewed and a draft curriculum framework and set of learning outcomes have been developed. A broad Member consultation on the draft learning outcomes will be undertaken in the coming months.