New Zealand members are encouraged to review the Medical Council of New Zealand’s ‘Recertification requirements for vocationally-registered doctors in New Zealand – November 2019’.
Doctors must complete a mix of activities, as prescribed by RACMA across all three categories of continuing professional development (CPD):
- CPD Category 1 – Reviewing and reflecting on practice (Peer Review)
- CPD Category 2 – Measuring and improving outcomes (Audit)
- CPD Category 3 – Educational activities (continuing medical education – CME)
Fellows are required to achieve a minimum of 50 CPD hours as follows:
- Mandatory – Professional development plan – 10 hours
- Mandatory – Minimum of one audit per annum – 10 hours
- Mandatory – Peer review activities – minimum of 10 hours per annum
- Mandatory – Continuing Medical Education – minimum of 20 hours per annum
- Must submit a PDP (10 hours) and a minimum additional 15 hours across any other category totaling 25 hours.