- Canberra Health Services
- Canberra, ACT
Employment Type: Part-time
Location: Canberra, ACT
Application Close Date: 06/10/2023
Where you’ll be working
Goulburn Valley (GV) Health is a Regional Public Health Service in the Hume Region of Victoria, with campuses located at Shepparton, Tatura and Rushworth. The main campus in Shepparton is the major acute referral hospital for the sub-region. Additional sites are also located in Shepparton, Seymour, Benalla, Cobram, Echuca and Wodonga. GV Health provides a range of acute, subacute, mental health, aged, primary health and community services across the Goulburn Sub-Region within the Hume Region.
About the Role
Clinical Medical Wellness Officer will be responsible for the development and implementation of contemporary healthcare wellbeing initiatives for medical officers at Canberra Health Services (CHS) – inclusive of all sites. The position will be 0.5 full time equivalent (FTE).
CHS is committed to workforce diversity and to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from all diversity groups. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and people who identify as LGBTQIA+ are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Specialist Medical qualifications and experience working as a senior medical officer in a clinical role for a large and complex health organisation.
- Be registered or be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Knowledge of the field of provider wellbeing and experience in delivering a program with successful outcomes in wellbeing.
- Strong engagement with junior medical officers, a sound understanding of all levels of medical workforce and an ability to engage with different medical specialities to address their needs.
- Computer literacy skills are required which are relevant to this role as you will be responsible for completing required documentation and becoming a proficient user of the Digital Health Record and/or other Information Technology systems; once proficient, you will need to remain current with changes, updates and contingencies.
- Experience in dealing with medical change management processes.
- Courage integrity, and a can-do attitude.
- Have an understanding of how the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) indicators align with this role.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role in alignment to the CHS Exceptional Care Framework, Clinical Governance Framework, Partnering With Consumers Framework and all other related frameworks.
If you would like further information regarding this opportunity, please contact Suzanne Smallbane:
- email: Suzanne.Smallbane@act.gov.au
- phone: (02) 5124 3596
Applications close: 06 October 2023