- Sydney Local Health District
- Camperdown, NSW
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Camperdown, NSW
Application Close Date: 15/01/2024
Where you’ll be working
Sydney Local Health District’s vision incorporates NSW Health Core Values and a commitment to equity, health improvement, timeliness and efficiency, recognising that evidence-based service delivery requires highly skilled and valued staff supported by research, education and state-of-the-art technologies.
Our strategic priority under this vision is commitment to excellence in Patient and Family Centred Care. Staff are supported to ensure patients, their families and carers are considered as partners in care to achieve optimal patient outcomes and best possible healthcare experience.
SLHD has also developed their Management Accountability Framework, to guide all department heads across all disciplines within SLHD in managing and supporting staff to build effective teams.
About the Role
The primary objective of the RPAH Deputy Director Medical Services is to support the Director Medical Services in ensuring safe, effective and patient-centred delivery of medical services at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital.
The RPAH Deputy Director Medical Services will have specific medical administration duties, including day-today management of operational Medical Administration matters, participation in the RPA Executive including on-call, leading and participating in Hospital committees, implementing policies and procedures, safety and quality and medical workforce management.
Current medical practitioner, registered or eligible for general registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), and with (or working towards obtaining) Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators and/or other specialist recognition relevant to the role, as provided for in the Staff Specialist (State) Award.
- Current medical practitioner, registered or eligible for general registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), with (or working towards obtaining) Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators and/or other specialist recognition relevant to the role, as provided for in the Staff Specialist (State) Award.
- Demonstrated ability to manage current issues in medical administration, including medical workforce management and operations and training and industrial requirements for medical officers.
- Demonstrated high level communication skills within clinical and administrative contexts, with ability to manage change, negotiate and build effective teams, with a track record of success in these areas.
Demonstrated high level communication and stakeholder engagement expertise (verbal, written skills and interpersonal), with well-developed computer skills relevant to the area of practice.
- Demonstrated ability in clinical governance and quality improvement.
- Evidence of the following attributes: ability to work under pressure; ability to work effectively as part of a team; ability to be flexible, organized and autonomous.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing self-education and professional development, including evidence of participation in continuing medical education and continuing professional development.
For further information we encourage you to contact Emeritus Professor Michael Hensley at Michael.Hensley@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications close: 15 January 2024