- Department of Health - Tasmania
- Hobart, TAS
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Hobart, TAS
Application Close Date: 17/08/2023
Where you’ll be working
Tasmania gives you the time and space to do what you’ve always wanted to do, and be who you’ve always wanted to be.
Imagine living and working in a place where you and your family can feel part of a safe and welcoming community. With a world-class urban environment, mild climate, an innovative business community and open spaces within easy reach, Tasmania is a place where you can really thrive.
About the Role
We are seeking applications for the position of Registrar, Medical Administration. This position is a Registrar in Medical Administration training in association with the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (RACMA).
It is part of rotational training program through RACMA, involving Hospitals South, Hospitals North and the Office of the Chief Medical Officer to prepare candidates for the Specialist Fellowship examination.
The Medical Administration Registrar will assist the Executive Director of Medical Services (EDMS) in the management, co-ordination, administration and evaluation of organisational-wide aspects of medical services and clinical governance within the relevant region of Tasmania.
- Demonstrated understanding of “Good Medical Practice – A Code of Conduct for Doctors in Australia”.
- Demonstrated commitment to medicine, including rural and regional medicine in Tasmania.
- Knowledge of recent advances in medicine including current drugs and technology.
- Demonstrated understanding of Infection Control principles.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills with patients, their family/carers, medical colleagues and other health professionals.
- Demonstrated understanding of patient’s rights and responsibilities.
For more information please contact –
- Dr Stephen Ayre
Royal Hobart Hospital
- For recruitment process enquiries please contact –
Medical Staffing Unit
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgBetter health and quality of life around Tasmania.
Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au
Applications close: 17 of August 2023