- Northern Territory Government
- Katherine, NT
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Katherine, NT
Application Close Date: 28/9/2023
Where you’ll be working
Our workplaces are culturally progressive, diverse and future-facing. We value the health and wellbeing of our employees, just as we do Territorians. When joining our team, you’ll have access to learning and development opportunities and state-of-the-art facilities.
We offer a competitive salary along with 6 weeks of annual leave and you can also choose to access attractive salary packaging arrangements. You’ll enjoy a healthy work-life balance through access to flexible working arrangements and a suite of wellness activities while working at one of our offices in Darwin, Alice Springs, Katherine or Nhulunbuy. Whether you want to work full-time, part-time or something tailored to your circumstance, we’ll accommodate your position to meet your needs. Please get in touch with our People and Culture team to find out more.
The Territory is unique and so are we.
About the Role
Responsible for the provision of medical and clinical services at Katherine Hospital and Big Rivers Region (BRR) Primary Health Care (PHC) Centres, with an emphasis on clinical governance and achieving and maintaining the highest possible standards of medical care.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the provision of medical and clinical services of Big Rivers Region with an emphasis on achieving and maintaining the highest possible standards of medical care, as well as contributing to the Big Rivers Region clinical roster.
- Maintain the delivery of contemporary, safe clinical services of a high standard.
- Provide clinical leadership, overseeing the implementation and monitoring of effective clinical governance.
- Communicate effectively with all health professionals providing medical care to patients and where appropriate, with family and other carers in order to provide continuity of care.
- Ensure that all medical officers are appropriately credentialed in accordance with NT Health Credentialing Framework.
- Oversee the medical education program in Big Rivers Region and assure the requirements of undergraduate and postgraduate training programs.
- Provide advice to the Regional Executive Director on medical, clinical and professional conduct matters and participate with Big Rivers Region Leadership matters contributing to efficient resource management.
- Follow defined service quality standards, work health and safety policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe services and workplaces.
- Foster a positive workplace culture through exemplary leadership practices and role modelling behaviour.
- A clinical component commensurate with scope of practice for 0.2 to 0.4FTE, particularly in Primary Health Care.
- Eligible for specialist registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority, Fellowship (or equivalent) with an Australasian specialist college, including but not limited to the Royal Australian College of Medical Administrators, and Australian Faculty of Public Health Medicine.
- Broad postgraduate clinical experience with recent experience in hospital practice and proven experience in rural and remote area medicine.
- Demonstrated experience in medical administration/management including an understanding of contemporary human resource management. Possession of the Associate Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (AFRACMA), Fellow, Royal Australian College of Medical Administrators (FRACMA) or Fellow Australasian College of Health Service Management (FACHSM), or substantial progress towards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary clinical practice with a focus on Safety and Quality.
- Proven knowledge and ability to act as a professional adviser to health service administration and clinicians on clinical governance.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic and operational planning and policy development, with proven ability to monitor performance, and manage change.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, negotiation and motivational skills with potential to focus on building and maintaining relationships within the hospital and NT Health.
Positions may be subject to pre-employment checks such as immunisation requirements, working with children clearance notice and criminal history checks. A criminal history will not exclude an applicant from this position unless it is a relevant criminal history. For immunisation requirements – Category A (direct contact with blood or body substances) or Category B (indirect contact with blood or body substances), check with contact person for requirements.
For further information please contact the Director, Medical Services Katherine Hospital on 08 8973 9020 or MedicalAdminKH@nt.gov.au
Applications close: 28 October 2023