- WA Country Health Service - Geraldton Hospital
- Geraldton, WA
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Geraldton, WA
Application Close Date: 29/01/2024
Where you’ll be working
Geraldton is the capital of Western Australia’s Midwest and gateway to the magnificent Abrolhos Islands. It has an enviable Mediterranean climate and a relaxed seaside lifestyle which lends itself to a host of activities, especially water sports. In addition to the spectacular turquoise water and white sandy beaches, Geraldton has a booming café and restaurant scene. There are great schools which are located a short drive from the hospital.
Geraldton Hospital offers a broad range of services, which provide excellent clinical experience and an outstanding educational program for interns and residents. There is a good track record of the trainees progressing to higher training jobs after their time at this Hospital. The hospital offers an excellent supported environment that exposes the trainees to a spectrum of disease and practical learning opportunity.
Geraldton Hospital has 100 hospital beds for acute medical, surgical, paediatric and maternity patients with a 24-hour Emergency Department, onsite chemotherapy and renal dialysis. It provides a comprehensive range of patient care service including medical imaging and pathology. Visiting specialists, including medical oncology, haematology and renal physicians provide varied learning opportunities for junior doctors.
The hospital has a strong association with the local Aboriginal Medical Service (GRAMS), Private Hospital (SJOG) and GP community. There are plans well underway for redevelopment of the emergency department and inpatient services. Individual department models of care are under review, with medical workforce profiles strengthened.
This is an exciting time to join the service at Geraldton Hospital which is 425km north of Perth!
About the Role
The MAR will work with the specialist (FRACMA) Director of Medical Services and Geraldton Hospital to provide professional leadership as well as guidance in relation to strategic and operational projects as required, with a particular focus on clinical governance, accreditation, service development and general medical administration duties.
The MAR will be engaged in or progressing towards a supervised training program in medical administration as a Trainee with the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (RACMA). As a participant in the RACMA training program you will be supported in developing the required skills needed to become a specialist healthcare medical administrator.
Applicants must hold General AHPRA Registration, be at least PGY4 level and must have a minimum or six months experience in Medical Administration, with a preference for candidates who have experience from Australia or a comparable health system.
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Demonstrated relevant clinical and procedural experience and/or specialty trainee registration.
- Current enrolment in the RACMA specialist training program (or a willingness to enrol if successful applicant to the role).
- Demonstrated ability to lead.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated self-motivated and awareness of safe clinical practice within own limitations.
- Demonstrated understanding of knowledge of culturally appropriate care.
- Demonstrated participation in continuing medical education.
- Knowledge and experience of quality assurance activites.
- Current knowledge and commitment to Equal Opportunity, Disability Services and Occupational Safety and Health in all aspects of employment and service delivery.
For further information we encourage you to contact Dr Allan Pelkowitz, Regional Director Medical Services, Allan.Pelkowitz@health.wa.gov.au 08 99568742. Alternatively, please email your query to Patricia Knuckey WACHSDoctors.Junior@health.wa.gov.au
Applications close: 29 January 2024