- Goulburn Valley Health
- Shepparton, VIC
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Shepparton, VIC
Application Close Date: 5/10/2023
Where you’ll be working
Goulburn Valley (GV) Health is a Regional Public Health Service in the Hume Region of Victoria, with campuses located at Shepparton, Tatura and Rushworth. The main campus in Shepparton is the major acute referral hospital for the sub-region. Additional sites are also located in Shepparton, Seymour, Benalla, Cobram, Echuca and Wodonga. GV Health provides a range of acute, subacute, mental health, aged, primary health and community services across the Goulburn Sub-Region within the Hume Region.
About the Role
This position is accredited with the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (RACMA). The Medical Administration Registrar will provide the benefit of additional oversight and insight in to key areas including Quality and Safety, Access and Flow, Medical Education and Training and Medical Workforce. This role will undertake quality improvement projects in the above areas and will be formally supervised by the Director of Medical Services.
The Medical Administration Registrar will work with the EDMS & CMO and DMS to provide professional leadership and clinical guidance in relation to strategic and operational issues as required, with a particular focus on:
- Managing the medical staff with the organisation; and
- Participating in relevant committees
- Assist units to participate in quality improvement programs; and
- Assist the EDMS & CMO and DMS with policy, financial, quality and HR issues as required.
- MBBS or equivalent
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a Medical Practitioner.
- A current RACMA trainee or application made to commence the RACMA
- Fellowship Training Program within first three months of appointment
- Minimum of 3 years general clinical experience.
- Satisfactory National History Criminal Check prior to commencement of employment
- Satisfactory Victorian ‘Employee’ Working with Children Check prior to commencement of employment
- Evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19 and Influenza
- Completion of a Commonwealth of Australia Statutory Declaration prior to commencement of employment
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated interest in Medical Administration or Clinical Governance.
- Demonstrated ability to uphold and model the GV Health Values.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of professional groups.
- Relationship building and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment to manage change.
- Demonstrated peer review participation.
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Presentation skills
For further information please contact Dr Junyi Shi on 03 4804 4042 or Junyi.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 5 October 2023