- Department of Health - North Territory Government
- Darwin, NT
|Agency||Department of Health||Work unit||Medical Services, Royal Darwin Hospital|
|Job title||Medical Administration Registrar||Designation||Registrar REG1 – REG6|
|Job type||Full Time||Duration||12 Months|
|Salary||$108,630 – $136,112||Location||Darwin|
|Contact Officer||Suzanne Brady, Deputy Director of Medical Services Suzanne.email@example.com|
|About the agency||http://www.health.nt.gov.au/|
|Applications must be limited to a one-page summary sheet and detailed resume|
|Information for applicants – inclusion and diversity and Special Measures recruitment plans
The NTPS values diversity. The NTPS encourages people from all diversity groups to apply for vacancies and accommodates people with disability by making reasonable workplace adjustments. If you require an adjustment for the recruitment process or job, please discuss this with the contact officer. For more information about applying for this position and the merit process, go to the OCPE website.
Under the agency’s Special Measures Recruitment Plan eligible Aboriginal applicants will be granted priority consideration for this vacancy. For more information on Special Measures, go to the OCPE website.
Provide assistance to the Director of Medical Services in the provision of medical services with an emphasis on achieving and maintaining the highest possible standards of medical and clinical care within NT Health.
Keys duties and responsibilities
- Assist the Director of Medical Services with daily operational issues, strategic imperatives, development, facilitation and implementation of policy, protocols and the enactment of relevant
- In cooperation with the clinical departments and the manager of the Medical Services Unit have responsibility for managing recruitment, appointment and rostering of junior medical staff at Royal Darwin and Palmerston Hospital (RDPH)
- Support Senior Medical Managers within NT Health through research activities, health service and business priorities, innovative programs, development of policies and implementation strategies relevant to NT
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of Medical Officers including, credentialing, orientation, rostering and compliance with the current Medical Officers (NTPS) Enterprise
- Participate in medical clinical governance and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities within RDH and NT Health.
- Assist with the Prevocational Education and Training Program (PETP).
- Follow defined service quality standards, Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe services and
- Foster a positive workplace culture through exemplary leadership practices and role modelling behaviour.
- Participate in strategic health projects as required to develop administrative skills.
- Hold or be eligible to apply for general registration with the Medical Board of Australia (MBA).
- Currently enrolled or intent to enrol in the Fellowship Training Program with the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (RACMA).
- Minimum of three years clinical
- Evidence of active involvement in relevant education and training activities within health services, state or
- Knowledge and understanding of CQI
- Highly developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and the ability to consult and interact with internal and external
- High level organisational skills and the ability to manage concurrent
- Demonstrated experience in information management, Information Technology (IT) and reporting
- An ability to interact effectively with people from diverse
Positions may be subject to pre-employment checks such as immunisation requirements, working with children clearance notice and criminal history checks. A criminal history will not exclude an applicant from this position unless it is a relevant criminal history. For immunisation requirements – Category A (direct contact with blood or body substances) or Category B (indirect contact with blood or body substances), check with contact person for requirements.
Applications close 11 June 2023.