Employment Type: Contract
Location: Malvern, VIC
Application Close Date: 10/08/2022
Where you’ll be working
Cabrini is a Catholic charitable organisation inspired by the spirit and vision of Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini and the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. This order was founded by Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini who was canonised in 1946 and later proclaimed Universal Patron Saint of Immigrants. We are a community of care, reaching out with compassion, integrity, courage and respect to all we serve. With more than 4300 staff, 1000 accredited medical practitioners and several locations, we offer a range of employment opportunities to start, continue or advance your career.
About the Role
The Medical Administration Registrar will work under the direction of the Group Director Medical Services and Clinical Governance, to facilitate the development and implementation of robust clinical governance systems at Cabrini Health, and develop expertise in matters relating to medical administration.
The Medical Administration registrar will be expected to contribute to ongoing education, research and quality assurance programs as directed by the Group Director of Medical Services and Clinical Governance.
This is an onsite role covering 43 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Key responsibilities include:
- Participating in the delivery of a comprehensive clinical governance & quality improvement program including clinical audit and risk management
- Assisting with patient complaints, incident management and medico-legal requests
- Supporting the implementation of ACSQHC National Standards
- Developing clinical policy and procedures
- Credentialing and onboarding of Visiting Medical Officers, Senior and Junior Medical staff
- Assisting in the management of the junior medical workforce
- Participating in Research Governance activities
- Providing support to the Group Director Medical Services and Clinical Governance and undertake duties as requested
This position would suit a senior trainee working towards a Fellowship in Medical Administration with a minimum of 3 years clinical experience.
You will have:
- Unconditional registration with AHPRA as a Medical Practitioner
- Enrolled as a candidate of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators.
- Is able to take direction and willing to learn from nominated supervisors and other senior members of the team.
- A commitment to the maintenance and further development of skills applicable to the area of Medical Administration, including involvement in further education and quality assurance activities.
- The ability to prioritise work assigned, manage workflow and complete assignments on a timely basis.
- The ability to assess situations, consider possible solutions, make and communicate decisions and take appropriate action.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working with Children Check (WWCC).
Enquiries to: Director Medical Services Dr Delia Wong on 03 9508 1328.
Applications close: 8 October 2022
Back to Industry Vacancies