- St Vincent's Health Australia
- , NSW
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: based in Sydney or Melbourne
Application Close Date: 10/02/2024
- Join Australia’s largest not-for-profit health and aged care provider founded by the Sisters of Charity in 1857. As a proud faith based organisation, St Vincent’s mission is to bring God’s love to all people, regardless of their faith or background, through the healing ministry of Jesus.
- St Vincent’s vision is that every person, whoever and wherever they are, is served with excellent and compassionate care by a better and fairer health and aged care system.
- High impact role providing clinical leadership for industry leading research and education and the provision of exceptional and compassionate care, particularly to people from vulnerable and marginalised backgrounds.
- Career defining strategic and transformational enterprise leadership position.
About the Role
C-Suite Partners are proud to partner with St Vincents Health Australia (SVHA) on the significant appointment of their next Group Chief Medical Officer. A key member of the St Vincent’s Health Australia Group Executive Leadership Team, the Group CMO role requires an inspiring and visionary leader who embodies the mission, vision and values of St Vincent’s Health Australia, and will play a pivotal role in shaping the organisation’s clinical care vision, advancing patient care, promoting world class research and driving excellence in healthcare delivery and the future of medicine.
- Amplify the voice of St Vincent’s carers and clinicians across all levels of the organisation in partnership with our facility chief medical officers.
- Establish and lead an innovative approach to driving the patient experience through contemporary clinical service re-design, research and new models of care, including in its centres of clinical excellence such as heart lung and bone marrow transplantation; cardiology, neurosurgery, cancer, HIV Medicine, palliative care, respiratory medicine, mental health, drug and alcohol services, aged psychiatry, homeless health and prisoner health.
- Assess enterprise clinical excellence and identify opportunities for scalability.
- In partnership with the broader executive team, drive enterprise strategy around AI, digital, workforce, patient experience, clinical governance and research.
- Active and visible leadership to St Vincent’s 30,000 caregivers.
- Identify cutting edge developments from other Australian and international healthcare providers, research institutes and industry partners that could be brought into the St Vincent’s ecosystem.
- Drive and enhance St Vincent’s clinical and research leadership building on its national and international reputation in medical research, with three co-located research institutes: The Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute, the Garvan Institute of Medical Research and St Vincent’s Institute of Medical Research and now a forth, the under development Australian Centre for Medical Discovery (ACMD) which will be Australia’s first collaborative, hospital based biomedical engineering research centre.
- Create and implement a clinical experience workplan aligned to strategy encompassing Public, Private, Care Services and virtual services.
- Establish and maintain robust clinical governance frameworks, ensuring adherence to best practices, clinical guidelines, and accreditation standards.
- Develop and implement educational programs, professional development opportunities, and training initiatives for clinicians and healthcare professionals.
- Enterprise leader and forward thinking innovator in medical administration and clinical governance.
- Demonstrated experience driving outcomes in an equivalent senior executive role in a large health care organisation.
- Extensive project management experience through leading teams.
- Experience in leading and championing clinical strategy development, planning, implementation and evaluation with a proactive leadership style that ‘leads from the frontline’
- A commitment to the St Vincent’s mission, values and culture.
If you have further inquiries please contact Sarah Pihan firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 10 February 2024