- Department of Health Tasmania
- Hobart, TAS
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Hobart, TAS
Application Close Date: 23/10/2023
Where you’ll be working
The Royal Hobart Hospital is the State’s tertiary referral centre and is also the primary teaching hospital for the University of Tasmania School of Medicine.
All our services work closely together to focus on delivering excellence in healthcare to achieve improved outcomes for our consumers, our workforce and the Tasmanian community.
About the Role
As a senior member of the hospital executive and as part of the Department of Health (DoH) clinical governance structure, the Executive Director – Medical Services (EDMS) will provide clinical leadership focussed on the interests of the Tasmanian community through the promotion of continuous improvement in local and state-wide whole-of-system clinical service provision.
Specialist or limited registration with the Medical Board of Australia in a relevant speciality
*Registration/licences that are essential requirements of this role must remain current and valid at all times whilst employed in this role and the status of these may be checked at any time during employment. It is the employee’s responsibility to ensure that registration/licences remain current and to advise the Employer if their circumstances change. This includes notifying the Employer if a registration/licence is revoked, cancelled or has its conditions altered.
- Holds or working towards Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (RACMA), or Associate Fellowship of RACMA (AFRACMA), or equivalent Post-Graduate health management qualification(s).
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Extensive experience in a senior medical management position in a large, complex, multidisciplinary health care organisation, with ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated high level clinical management/governance, financial and material resource management and supervision experience.
- Demonstrated high level planning, analytic and problem-solving skills, including ability to adapt to organisational and environmental change and to champion change initiatives.
- Demonstrated high level communication skills and ability to liaise with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in the application of evidence-based principles to clinical management and knowledge of current professional issues, particularly as they relate to the provision of clinical management and patient care.
- Experience in complaints handling and medico-legal processes.
For role related queries or questions contact Dr Stephen Ayre on 0361668258 or email email@example.com
Applications close: 23 October 2023