- Bundaberg or Hervey Bay Hospital
- Bundaberg, QLD
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Bundaberg, QLD
Application Close Date: 23/01/2024
Where you’ll be working
Bundaberg is where the coastline meets the country, four hours’ drive north of Brisbane. It is the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef and boasts excellent shopping, sporting, cultural, education and tourism facilities including Mon Repos Turtle Rookery. The Fraser Coast is known for its diverse, natural landscapes and laid-back lifestyle. This destination with a difference is home to Fraser Island, incredible whale watching encounters, family-friendly beaches, history and culture.
About the Role
The Executive Director of Medical Services (EDMS) reports to the Health Service Chief Executive, Wide Bay Hospital and Health Service (WBHHS) and is accountable for professional medical governance, including the oversight of professional matters and legislative requirements; and providing authoritive and strategic advice for service transformation and change; quality improvement and shared clinical governance for medical services across the WBHHS, ensuring that the highest professional and ethical standards, culture and performance are provided by all medical staff
- Mandatory possession of a Medical qualification from a registered tertiary institution and Registration with the Medical Board of Australia (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency) with a current annual practicing certificate is essential.
- Possession of qualifications and experience appropriate for registration as a Specialist in Medical Administration by the Australian Health Practitioner’s Regulation Agency. Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (RACMA) is preferred.
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and if applicable registration or membership with the appropriate registration authority or association. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
- Enrolment and maintenance of ongoing Continuing Medical Education program with the appropriate body/bodies
- This position may be required to work outside core business hours and participate in on call duties.
- This position requires the incumbent to work at other facilities within the Wide Bay Hospital and Health Service.
For further information we encourage you to contact Debbie Carroll Recruitment-Wide-Bay@health.qld.gov.au
Applications close: 23 January 2024