- West Moreton Health
- Ipswich, QLD
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Ipswich, QLD
Application Close Date: 21/11/2023
Where you’ll be working
West Moreton Health (WMH) is not just a healthcare institution but a cornerstone of the community it serves. Providing health and wellbeing services to the Ipswich, Somerset, Scenic Rim, and Lockyer Valley communities, WMH prides itself on delivering the highest level of patient-centred care, underpinned by a culture of innovation, research, and continuous improvement. Our dedication to healthcare excellence is reflected in the comprehensive range of services we offer, the state-of-the-art facilities we operate, and our unwavering commitment to the health and well-being of our community.
Ipswich Hospital, our primary facility, is a beacon of medical progress, where the latest research, technology, and medical practices are employed to offer unparalleled patient care. At WMH, we believe in nurturing a diverse, inclusive, and forward-thinking environment, constantly evolving to meet the healthcare challenges of the future.
About the Role
The position of Executive Director Medical Services (EDMS) is the single point of accountability for the effective professional leadership of medical officers and clinical quality and risk management across West Moreton Health (WMH). The role leads the creation of a culture of high reliability, person centred care, and the associated governance to promote and assure excellence in clinical standards and takes an active role in representing WMH in the wider community and media to promote public confidence in the quality of care.
The EDMS role provides professional leadership for medical workforce planning, performance and optimisation and capability development. They are responsible for ensuring requirements associated with credentialing, scope of practice, professional registration and other mandatory requirements are met. As the medical lead for the health service, the EDMS will ensure collaborative relationships are in place and maintained across the medical workforce, and that expectations of professional behaviours are communicated, and interventions taken in collaboration with leaders as required.
You will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate the following leadership dimensions within the context of the responsibilities described above under ‘About this role’. The EDMS will be someone with proven and well-developed leadership capabilities who can demonstrate the following:
- Extensive leadership experience in managing significant numbers of staff in a complex organisation. The EDMS will have a sound understanding of current issues impacting the medical profession.
- Demonstrated experience in driving financial decisions, prioritising effectively, and understanding the impacts of decisions including managing risks appropriately.
- Experience in the development and implementation of effective safety and clinical risk management systems, including applied improvement science to drive measurable improvement in clinical service quality.
- Proven ability to address inefficiencies in medical staffing models and ability to achieve required change, whilst maintaining positive relationships with key medical leaders
- Evidence of capacity to lead the development and delivery of excellence in clinical education and research in a teaching hospital environment.
- Superior communication, negotiation, advocacy and analytical skills – proven capacity to effectively maintain and manage relationships and work collaboratively with other health professionals, union organisations, State Government, and statutory and professional bodies.
- Outstanding personal qualities consistent with WMH values and the Code of Conduct for the Queensland Public Service.
For confidential discussion on this role please contact:
Marcus Engeman, Deputy Managing Director
+61 (0) 431 804 418
Jessica Gough, Head of Research
+61 (0) 448 350 146
Applications close: 21 November 2023