- Northeast Health Wangaratta
- Wangaratta, VIC
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Wangaratta, VIC
Application Close Date: 20/11/2023
Where you’ll be working
NHW is a leading Victorian health service committed to providing quality health care to more than 90,000 people across Northeast Victoria.
We are the major referral facility for people with complex health needs from Bright, Mansfield, Beechworth, Myrtleford, Yarrawonga, Euroa, and Benalla. We also provide a telehealth service to these smaller facilities, allowing doctors at Northeast Health to provide medical advice via video link.
Our hospital has a 24/7 Emergency Department and offers an extensive range of healthcare services as well as our residential aged care facility, Illoura.
About the Role
The Executive Director Medical Services (EDMS) is responsible for the provision of expert professional and clinical leadership in the strategic and operational management of medical services and medical workforce at NHW.
Clinical Services at NHW include Internal Medicine, Surgical Services, Critical Care, Paediatric Services, Emergency Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology Services, Sub Acute Services and Hospital in the Home.
Additionally, the role has operational responsibility for Medical Workforce Team, Pharmacy Department, Radiology and Dental Services and shares responsibility for Medico Legal (including Freedom of Information) with the Executive Director of Clinical Governance and Aged Care.
Key Duties and Accountabilities:
The Executive Director Medical Services has several key areas of responsibility including:
– Clinical Service Delivery
– Leadership and Relationship Management
– Workforce Development and Human Resource Management
– Budget and Finance
– Clinical Governance
– Quality & Risk Management
– Occupational Health & Safety and Wellbeing
Applicants will be assessed on their ability to demonstrate the following key requirements:
– Appointees must be legally qualified medical practitioners, registered or registrable with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) without conditions, undertakings or reprimands that could impact on their clinical practice.
– Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (or substantive progress towards same). Alternatively, a Fellowship in another Medical Specialty with experience in Medical Administration or other clinical leadership roles.
– Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills.
– Demonstrated ability to successfully implement change in an organisation.
– Extensive management experience within a similar size health service at a senior level.
You can access the full information pack via our dedicated microsite, linked below:
If you wish to discuss this opportunity further, please reach out to our leading consultants from Alumni Global:
- Sarah Curran, Researcher – email@example.com +61 474 229 087
- Laurence Sims, Principal Consultant – firstname.lastname@example.org +61 456 789 856
Applications close: 20 November 2023