- Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District
- Wollongong, NSW
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Wollongong, NSW
Application Close Date: 6/8/2023
Where you’ll be working
The Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (ISLHD) provides health services for the residents of the Illawarra Shoalhaven region – around 400,000 people. This catchment covers the Wollongong, Kiama, Shellharbour and Shoalhaven Local Government Areas.
ISLHD is one of the region’s largest employers with a workforce of more than 8,500 staff. We operate eight hospital sites and provide community health services from approximately 58 locations across the region.
About the Role
The District Director of Medical Workforce (DDMW) is responsible for the strategic and operational leadership of both the Senior Medical Officer (SMO), Junior Medical Officer (JMO) Units and Medical Education Unit.
This position is key to ensuring the medical workforce is operating at its full potential through the development, implementation and maintenance of strategies, policies, systems, and processes relating to effective SMO & JMO management.
- Specialist medical qualifications such as Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (FRACMA), or other specialist medical Fellowship with significant experience in Medical Administration.
- High level knowledge, experience, and understanding of medical workforce management including strategic and operational issues.
- Evidence of ability to lead the further development of a team towards achieving a high level service with a strong customer focus.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of change management principles and achievement of measurable outcomes.
- Proven effective negotiation and communication skills (written and verbal) with a wide range of stakeholders including medical staff, executives, Ministry of Health and other external organisations.
Applications close: 6th of August 2023