- Cairns and Hinterland Hospital and Health Service
- Cairns, QLD
Employment Type: Part-time
Location: Cairns, QLD
Application Close Date: 03/06/2023
Where you’ll be working
Besides the excellent work opportunities, Cairns offers a unique lifestyle suitable to a wide variety of interests. Cairns is in the heart of the tropical north and is the primary gateway to northern Australia. Cairns is an ideal base to explore the wider region with front door access to the Great Barrier Reef, rainforests and outback locations.
About the Role
As the Director of Research you will contribute to the achievement of key performance targets providing research oversight, governance, practical application and monitoring.
The Director of Research reports to the Executive Director of Medical Services providing research oversight and support across the Cairns and Hinterland Hospital and Health Service ensuring the highest professional and ethical standards are observed by all medical staff.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role in accordance with CHHHS values as outlined above.
- Follow defined service quality standards, occupational health and work policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe services and workplaces.
- Implement and monitor the organisations Research Plan.
- Implement and monitor the organisation’s quality standards, work health and safety policies, procedures and programs and provide clinical governance in the relevant work area.
Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration or membership with the appropriate registration authority or association. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/ manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
Requires credentialing and scope of clinical practice approved and issued by the CHHHS Credentialing and Scope of Clinical Practice Committee
Registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
Significant experience in research governance and funding applications.
This position requires the incumbent to operate a class C motor vehicle and an appropriate licence endorsement to operate this type of vehicle is required. Proof of this endorsement must be provided before commencement of duty.
It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment (Health Employment Directive No. 01/16):
- measles, mumps, rubella (MMR)
- varicella (chicken pox)
- pertussis (whooping cough)
- hepatitis B
It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 (Health Employment Directive No. 12/21 and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70.
For more information contact:
Dr Donald Mackie – 07 4226 3285
Closing Date: 3rd of June 2023