- St John of God Bunbury Hospital
- Bunbury, WA
Employment Type: Part-time
Location: Bunbury, WA
Application Close Date: 12/02/2024
Where you’ll be working
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest private providers of health care services in Australia, employing more than 16,000 employees (caregivers). We operate 27 hospitals and services comprising more than 3,500 hospital beds, including home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs.
As a Catholic, not-for-profit group, we invest all profits to the communities we serve by updating and expanding our facilities and technology; expanding existing services and developing and acquiring new services; and providing Social Outreach services to people experiencing disadvantage to improve health and wellbeing.
St John of God Bunbury Hospital is a 145-bed private hospital located in the South West of Western Australia. Our facility is located on the Southwest Health Campus, alongside the Bunbury Regional Hospital, allowing both hospitals to share several services and supports.
About the Role
You have an outstanding opportunity to inspire and lead a committed and highly professional team of clinical caregivers at St John of God Bunbury Hospital on a permanent basis. You will provide dynamic, and responsive clinical leadership, assist and advise the Chief Executive Officer, support clinical governance and actively participate as a member of the Hospital Management Committee (HMC).
- Effective governance and management of clinical safety, quality and risk across the Hospital
- Effective investigation and resolution of clinical incidents and complaints
- Successful achievement of ACHS accreditation and other audits
- Leads Medical Services as a visible, participative manager.
- Leads all medical practitioners in the delivery of the highest standards of medical practice
- Responds promptly to concerns or performance issues with medical practitioners
- Engages highly performing medical team/s that exhibits a culture of professional accountability and quality service
- Effective governance and management of Medical Practitioners’ Accreditation and Scope of Practice
- Ongoing identification and recruitment of appropriate new Medical Practitioners
- Opportunities to strengthen and develop clinical services at the Hospital routinely identified
- Provide leadership to Medical Services to foster a spirit of trust and communication between medical practitioner and other health or administrative professionals.
- Promote clinical excellence in healthcare delivery, which maintains the highest standards of medical practice but is also efficient and patient centred.
- Provide expert advice to credentialed medical practitioners, hospital executives, managers and caregivers regarding the provision of medical services.
You will have demonstrated leadership and management skills in acute health care including the achievement of high quality patient outcomes, service satisfaction and operational efficiency. Consideration will be given to candidates who possess the FRACMA, are working towards the FRACMA or are in possession of the AFRACMA.
You will need experience in fostering a service ethos culture that encourages sound patient care and stewardship, focussing on innovation and productivity improvements, as well as experience in the application of quality and clinical risk management within a hospital/health service environment.
Above all, people will be at the core of everything you do committing to and supporting our Mission and Values.
* All applicants are asked to submit a covering letter (of no more than two (2) pages) demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the role
For enquiries about this position, applicants should contact Jeffrey Williams, CEO on (08) 9722 1601.
Applications close: 12 February 2024