- Hunter New England Local Health District
- Lower Mid North Coast Sector, NSW
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Lower Mid North Coast Sector, NSW
Application Close Date: 25/06/2023
Where you’ll be working
Taree is located in the beautiful Manning Valley on the Lower Mid North Coast of NSW. We are just 3 hours north of Sydney, 2 hours north of Newcastle and 1 hour south of Port Macquarie. Our area is home to some of the best beaches in Australia and surrounded by magnificent national parks. Our family friendly community embraces diversity and offers something for everyone.
About the Role
- The Director of Medical Services is responsible for providing expert professional and clinical leadership in the strategic and operational management of Medical Services and the Medical Workforce within the LMNCS.
- As a member of the Executive, you will contribute to the overall leadership and management of the sector, the development and implementation of future goals, ensuring patients experience the best possible care whilst staff work in a safe, healthy an culturally sensitive environment.
- You will ensure a commitment by all medical staff to Excellence, Every Patient, Every Time facilitating effective leadership to develop a positive culture.
- You will have a vision and an optimistic, upbeat personality which inspires positive change in others.
- You will be energetic, enthusiastic and passionate about what you do.
- You will lead by example and be able to gain the buy in of medical staff by being inclusive and valuing the contribution of each and every team member of the team.
- You must have extensive experience in medical management in a healthcare setting as you will have overall responsibility for the medical workforce.
A third COVID-19 dose is a requirement for Category A positions, as is one dose of the current Southern hemisphere influenza vaccine registered for use by the Therapeutic Goods Administration. COVID-19 booster doses are highly recommended for all other health care workers who have completed the primary course of COVID-19 vaccinations.
Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination against Specific Diseases – this is a Category A position. Please read and understand NSW Health policy directive (PD2022_030). All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in the policy.
NSW Health does not require or accept the ‘Fit2Work badge’ offered as an option in eCredential.
Agency applications are NOT accepted.
For a confidential discussion about the role please contact:
Jodi Nieass – General Manager, Lower Mid North Coast Sector
E: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: (02) 6592 9355 / Mob: 0427 156 235
To obtain a copy of the position description or for general application Enquiries:
Sally Jordan, Senior Medical Recruitment Consultant
E: email@example.com Ph: (02) 4985 3353
Applications close: 25th of June 2023