- Hunter New England Local Health District
- Maitland, NSW
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Maitland, NSW
Application Close Date: 29/10/2023
Where you’ll be working
Maitland Hospital is designed to continue meeting the growing health service needs for Maitland and the surrounding communities of the Hunter Valley, now and into the future.
It has been built to provide patients with high quality care in a modern and comfortable environment and it embraces technology and innovation, allowing staff new, improved ways to work that will deliver better health outcomes.
Located approximately 15 minutes from the Hunter Expressway, 25 minutes from John Hunter Hospital and central Newcastle and in close proximity to the New England Highway, other major link roads, an existing train station and public transport routes.
Maitland Hospital is linked with Kurri Kurri, Cessnock, and Dungog Hospitals to optimise existing medical, emergency, surgical rehabilitation capacity. .
About the Role
We are seeking an innovative and highly motivated Director of Medical Services to provide contemporary, comprehensive and professional medical leadership to the Lower Hunter Sector.
The Director of Medical Services (DMS) is responsible for the provision of expert professional clinical leadership in the strategic and operational management of Medical Services and Medical Workforce of the Senior Medical Officers (SMO) and Junior Medical Officers (JMO) working in Lower Hunter Sector (LHS) which consists of Maitland, Kurri Kurri, Cessnock Hospitals, Dungog Community Hospital, and community settings in Maitland, Cessnock, and Kurri Kurri areas. Outside of LHS, the DMS is also responsible for the medical leadership of Scone, Singleton, and Muswellbrook.
- You will have a vision and an optimistic, upbeat personality which inspires positive change in others.
- You will lead by example and be able to gain the buy in of medical staff by being inclusive and valuing the contribution of each and every team member of the team.
- You will have the ability to function as part of a large results oriented senior leadership and management team and to work successfully with other professionals in the leadership and management of health care services as you will have overall responsibility for the medical workforce and be an integral member of the Lower Hunter Sector executive.
- You will have a primary medical degree registrable with AHPRA and Fellowship of an Australian specialist medical college, and/or overseas trained specialist pathways.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (FRACMA) is desirable, but not essential.
For a confidential discussion about the role please contact:
Christine Osborne – General Manager, Lower Hunter Sector
E: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: (02) 4087 2058 / Mob: 0466 652 217
Stacey Burbridge, HNELHD Senior Medical Recruitment
E: Stacey.Burbridge@health.nsw.gov.au Ph: 02 498 53297
Applications close: 29 October 2023