- WA Country Health Service
- Kalgoorlie, WA
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Kalgoorlie, WA
Application Close Date: 015/01/2024
Where you’ll be working
The Goldfields-Esperance region is located in the south-eastern corner of Western Australia and is the largest region in the state with a land area of 771,276 square kilometres. The region is three times the size of the state of Victoria and just under a third of Western Australia’s total land mass. The character of the Goldfields-Esperance region reflects the unique Aboriginal culture, the legacies of early mining and agricultural pioneers and a multi-cultural history of interstate and international migration.
The region includes Western Australia’s Golden Outback which stretches from the rugged red earth of the Northern Goldfields and Great Western Woodland to the sweeping snow-white beaches of Esperance and the South Coast.
The coastal Esperance zone boasts a range of stunning natural attractions including national parks, Kepwari Wetland Walk Trail, Woody Island and Lake Monjingup, which exhibit coastal scenery, extraordinary flora and fauna, peaceful bushwalks and well-maintained campgrounds.
Heading inland Kalgoorlie-Boulder is Australia’s largest outback city and the heart of Western Australia’s Goldfields region. With a population of more than 30,000, the city is a dynamic and sophisticated regional centre. The area offers astounding diversity and beauty in its national parks and reserves, tranquil eucalyptus forests, wide sweeping plains, dry lake beds, low lying scrub land and spinifex fields.
About the Role
As the driving force behind medical teams, including Heads of Department for various specialties, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the highest clinical standards by championing patient-centred care. You will provide day-to-day clinical and governance leadership at Kalgoorlie Health Campus overseeing the Medical Education Unit, and collaborating with the multidisciplinary teams and the community.
As a key member of the Kalgoorlie Health Campus leadership team, you will work in partnership with Directors of Nursing and Midwifery, Chief Medical Imaging Technology, Chief Pharmacist, Manager Allied Health and Operations Manager. You will report to the Director Kalgoorlie Health Campus, who will provide a supportive framework for professional growth and development.
By fostering a solutions-focused and collaborative environment, you will contribute to meaningful projects that have a lasting impact on patient outcomes. This includes the “Health in a Virtual Environment,” aimed at transforming healthcare delivery in the hospital’s high dependency unit. Your involvement will be instrumental in enhancing the Emergency Department’s capabilities and making a tangible difference in patient care through cutting-edge initiatives. With a population of 52,348, the Goldfields region faces unique healthcare challenges, with 13% identifying as Aboriginal. Your role will be crucial in addressing health disparities and improving health outcomes in this diverse community.
Ideally we are seeking someone in a full time salaried capacity, however we will consider long term locum placements for the right candidate.
1. Eligible for registration by the Medical Board of Australia
2. Recognised clinical experience and / or postgraduate qualifications commensurate with clinical
duties and medical administration role.
3. Experience in a senior management role in the health sector, preferable in a hospital environment.
4. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
5. Demonstrated excellent strategic management and planning skills.
6. Demonstrated experience in the application of continuous quality improvement principles including
management change and the implementation and evaluation of integrated clinical governance
7. Current knowledge of legislative obligations for Equal Employment Opportunity, Disability Services
and Occupational Safety and Health, Act, Freedom of Information and how these impact on
employment and service delivery.
8. Eligible for or in possession of a current C or C-A class driver’s licence.
1. Postgraduate qualifications in health administration e.g. FRACMA, FAFPHM, MBA, MHA, or progress
towards their attainment.
2. Experience in liaising with private Visiting Medical Practitioners (VMPs) and government and nongovernment agencies.
For further information about this vacancy please contact Brent Watson WACHSDoctors.Senior@health.wa.gov.au
Applications close: 15 January 2024