- Mid North Coast Local Health District
- Coffs Harbour, NSW
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Lower Coffs Harbour, NSW
Application Close Date: 04/07/2023
Where you’ll be working
The Director Medical Services works with the General Manager and Network Executive to implement integrated clinical services, including the development and support of clinical divisions and/or departments.
In providing professional medical leadership, the position has a key role in ensuring appropriate standards of patient care, teaching and research are maintained by contributing actively to strategic planning and implementation.
About the Role
The position of Director of Medical Services (DMS) for the Coffs Clinical Network is available. This role has operational and professional leadership responsibilities for medical services across four hospitals in the region.
These hospitals range from the newly constructed large specialist regional hospital at the Coffs Harbour Health Campus, the new Macksville District Hospital south down the coast, the Bellinger River District hospital in the foothills behind the Coffs Coast and up to the rural hospital at Dorrigo on the mountains above the coast. All four rural and regional communities and facilities are readily commutable from each other. Diverse responsibilities and facilities from a specialist hospital to rural communities’ facilities create a diverse Medical Administration practice across these communities for a mid-career or senior specialist.
The DMS will work with wonderful, dedicated, professional healthcare workers living in this beautiful part of Australia. The position works in a close and professional executive based at the Coffs Harbour Health Campus. The Campus is adjacent to the Southern Cross University and is home to the UNSW Rural Clinical School which recently graduated students completing their entire medical degree on the Mid North Coast. Specialist training programs are conducted in all four hospitals with links to networks in Sydney. The region is popular being midway between Sydney and Brisbane, each an hour flight from the Coffs Harbour airport. Beaches, mountains, and islands attract a culture and opportunities of a popular growing centre for visitors and those leaving expensive, crowded cities.
- General Registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency and Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (RACMA) and vocational registration in Medical Administration, Associate Fellowship of RACMA, and/or working towards Fellowship. Or other specialist recognition as provided for in the Staff Specialist (State) Award.
- Significant experience and effective performance in a senior leadership role in a complex health organisation.
- Proven capacity to manage and lead innovative organisational change with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience, understanding and ability to lead clinical governance, clinical risk management and continuous quality improvement management strategies within a complex operating environment.
- Demonstrated high capability in communication, complex negotiation, consultative and interpersonal skills, incorporating the ability to liaise and consult with all levels of the health industry, the community and various professional groups.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to lead, persuade and negotiate at a senior management level to achieve a set of objectives, maintain organisational strategy and to ensure alignment with operational activity.
- Experience managing a large and diverse team, developing effective culture and engagements, inspiring commitment and developing capability and capacity.
- Current drivers licence with eligibility to drive in NSW
For role-related queries or questions, contact Allirra Wingfield on Allirra.Wingfield@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications close: 4th of July 2023