- Cabrini Health
- Malvern, VIC
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Malvern, VIC
Application Close Date: 20/08/2023
Where you’ll be working
Cabrini is a Catholic, not-for-profit private healthcare service provider in Melbourne’s south east. We are highly regarded for the care we provide to our patients and their families.
With more than 4300 staff, 1600 accredited medical practitioners and several campuses, we offer a range of employment opportunities to start, continue or advance your career.
We employ health professionals in the medical, nursing and allied health fields as well as staff in management, administration, finance, hotel services, logistics, engineering, communications and other support services.
About the Role
This key medical administration leadership role supports the Group Director, Medical Services & Clinical Governance in delivering effective leadership across the medical services and clinical governance functions and portfolios. The role will support the Group Directorin managing a range of activities within these functions and portfolios, supporting delivery of high-quality multidisciplinary health care across Cabrini and ensuring effective management of medical workforce, patient safety, clinical risk and associated quality improvement initiatives.
- The Director, Medical Services must demonstrate the following essential requirements:
- Registered Specialist Medical Practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (FRACMA), or equivalent
- Experience in a senior Medical Management and Leadership position at an Australian health service
- Experience in a major health care institution, preferably a tertiary, research-oriented health service
- High level of skill in analysing medical policy and planning issues and applying knowledge to real work situations
- Experience in the successful development and implementation of initiatives to improve medical professional and clinical governance
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate, consult and negotiate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated high level negotiation, problem solving and change management skills
- Experience with or knowledge of quality and accreditation systems, for example Australian Council on Healthcare Standards’ (ACHS), PMCV and the learned Colleges
- Understanding of medico-legal issues associated with clinical care
- Demonstrated leadership skills with proven ability to exercise sound judgment and provide leadership in professional standards, ethics and a commitment to research and innovation
- Innovative thinking for complex problems
- Good analytical, clinical and financial data management skills postgraduate qualification
- Knowledge of contemporary clinical and medical governance systems and processes
- Thorough knowledge of the Australian health system and the Victorian system in particular; including the registration, management, industrial and training frameworks for the medical workforce
For queries or questions please contact:
Prof Matt Sabin – 03 9508 1424 – MSabin@cabrini.com.au
Applications close: 20 of August 2023