- Bairnsdale Regional Health Service
- East Gippsland, VIC
Employment Type: Contract
Location: East Gippsland, VIC
Application Close Date: 30/06/2023
Where you’ll be working
Bairnsdale Regional Health Service is a multifaceted and growing regional health system providing a comprehensive array of health care services to the East Gippsland community. BRHS is driven by our mission to provide quality health and well-being services that deliver the best possible health outcomes to our community.
The Medical Services directorate supports the planning and engagement of the medical workforce. It coordinates the credentialing and defining scope of clinical practice processes for medical, dental and nursing practitioners at BRHS. It oversees medical diagnostic and support services, such as pharmacy, imaging and pathology. The Deputy Executive of Medical Services provides a key leadership role in supporting the delivery of these activities. The Directorate works across the health service to optimise the quality, safety and efficiency of the work of medical officers in delivering patient care.
About the Role
The Deputy Executive of Medical Services (DEMS) role reports to, and supports the function of, the Executive of Medical Services. The DEMS supports the management of medical staff, daily operational and accreditation related procedures, medico-legal investigations, reporting and promotes system improvement to support clinician engagement in high quality safe health care delivery. The role will undertake projects and tasks as delegated by the Executive of Medical Service
- A minimum of three years’ full time clinical experience involving direct patient care.
- Current general or specialist medical registration in Australia.
- Previous experience in health system management (preferred)
- A strategic thinker with the proven ability to align medical services and medical workforce planning with organisational strategic direction.
- Superior communication skills with the ability to negotiate complex issues with a wide variety of stakeholders.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Mau Wee, Executive Medical Services on 03 5150 3630
Applications close: Friday 30th June 2023