- Northern Territory Government
- Darwin, NT
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Darwin, NT
Application Close Date: 05/12/2023
Where you’ll be working
The Royal Darwin Hospital is co-located in the northern suburbs of Darwin with the 100 bed Darwin Private Hospital. It is a University teaching hospital affiliated with Flinders University (NT medical program), the Menzies School of Health Research and the National Critical Care and Trauma Response Centre.
The Northern Territory offers a great lifestyle, spectacular geography and unique medical opportunities not available elsewhere in Australia. The city of Darwin is one of the most vibrant and multi culturally diverse cities in Australia – it’s one of Australia’s best kept secrets! The city provides all the amenities to enjoy this tropical lifestyle including fishing, sailing, sport or just relaxing under a palm tree. National parks abound – a weekend in Kakadu, a trip to the Kimberley, camping out in Litchfield Park – it’s all at our doorstep. It is a vibrant growing community full of opportunities for both single people and families.
About the Role
Supporting the Director of Medical Services Royal Darwin Palmerston Hospital to ensure the safe, effective and efficient delivery of medical services across the organisation. This position assists in the delivery of safe multidisciplinary patient centred health care at RDPH by managing and coordinating workforce improvement initiatives, training and education, and clinical governance processes that support the clinicians.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee processes that attract and retain the medical workforce: recruitment and contracting, appointment commencement, induction, credentialing, defining scope of practice, rostering and ensuring that staff have a clear understanding of role accountabilities, governance systems and culture.
- Provide expect advice and direction to clinical leaders and executives in resolving complex, clinical, medico-legal, ethical and operational challenges.
- Provide leadership, direction and development of the safety, quality and patient experience services to Royal Darwin and Palmerston Hospitals.
- Ensure that programs are in place that develop the teaching and clinical supervision skills of staff within the facility to support continuity in the organisation’s ability to effectively train and teach medical staff.
- Follow defined service quality standards, work health and safety policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe services and workplaces including participating in the DMS on-call roster.
- Foster a positive workplace culture through exemplary leadership practices and role modelling behaviour.
- Eligible for general and/or specialist registration with Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Minimum of 12 months experience in medical administration, leadership or management in a health service/ hospital environment.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and evaluating workforce management, training and education systems and achieving medical education outcomes in a clinical environment.
- Knowledge of contemporary patient centred clinical management that enhances the safety and quality of clinical services.
- Demonstrated experience in leading the implementation of a multidisciplinary approach to service delivery.
- Demonstrated high-level credibility and ability to act in an advisory capacity to clinicians.
- Experience in clinical service planning, policy development and responding to medico- legal requirements and consumer feedback requests.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, negotiation and motivational skills to build and maintain relationships.
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving skills for managing conflicting priorities and delivering successful strategies and solutions.
Fellowship or Associate Fellowship of Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators, management qualification.
For further information about this vacancy please contact Dr Sara Watson, Director Medical Services Royal Darwin Palmerston Hospital on 08 8922 8871 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 05 December 2023