In a move to support India’s overwhelmed healthcare system, the Australian National University College of Health & Medicine is working to bring together a group of volunteer doctors and health professionals to help colleagues in India by providing mentorship and support.
Volunteers are being sought from the Australian and New Zealand medical community and will be matched with healthcare workers in India requesting support. Assistance needed includes, but is not limited to:
- Provide peer support; help to build confidence in junior health care professionals to manage their cases
- Provide advice on need for lab tests and CT scan as per protocol
- Provide guidelines for treatment and indications for referral to hospital as per standard protocols
- Provide advice on supportive management of cases being managed at home
- Provide advice on protecting other family members if a COVID positive patient is isolating at home
Each connection will be facilitated. For more information or to register to volunteer, click HERE.
Author: Felicity Gallagher
17th May 2021
Acknowledging ANZAC Day 2023
Anzac Day is a time of remembrance of the contribution of those men and women of…
Honorary Fellow Professor Brendan Murphy AC Announces Retirement from Government
The College has commended the superior health system leadership of Honorary Fellow Professor Brendan Murphy AC,…