West Australian Jurisdictional Committee
TERMS OF REFERENCE
West Australian RACMA State Committee
Approval Date: October 2011
Next Review: December 2014
The WA RACMA State Committee provides advice to the National Board on the strategic directions and development of all local WA College activities including the Fellowship training program, the continuing professional education program and College promotional activities.
The Committee Chair will be appointed notice of election biennially.
- Honorary Secretary
- CEP Coordinator
- Chair of Board of Studies
- WA RACMA Candidates Representative
The Chair of the Committee will report to the Board.
The State Committee will meet monthly, on the third Wednesday of the month, or as required. Meetings will normally be face to face.
With the consent of the Board, the Committee may form subcommittees from time to time to advise and assist it in the exercise of its powers and responsibilities.
- The WA RACMA Candidates Sub-Committee will report to the State Committee every month through the Candidates Representative.
The State Committee will:
- Make recommendations to the Board on issues of strategy associated with the College activities across WA.
- Make recommendations to the Board on any issues affecting policy and procedure which relate to the College’s activities including education and training activities within WA.
- Review and contribute to development and implementation of National level training plans and strategies at the State level.
- Monitor the outcomes of the College's activities at State level.
- Monitor research into medical management and medical education at State level and ensure relevance to the College education and training activities in WA.
- Set the strategic direction for the College’s activities in WA. This includes evaluating programs and initiatives relating to the continuous improvement of state, national and international initiatives.
- Consider any matter, such as financial, physical and human resources, which in the Committee’s opinion is relevant to the affairs of the College.
- Facilitate provision and dissemination of appropriate information to constituent groups of the College community.
- Request and obtain information relevant to College’s affairs from any committee, officer of the College.
- Ensure that its decisions are disseminated and implemented at the appropriate levels within the College and within the WA RACMA professional community.
- Ratify recommendations and endorsements from the National Board including the acceptance of, and provision of support to new candidates entering into the college training program in WA
5.1 The State Committee will annually review its performance and compile an Annual Report for submission to the Board.
5.2 The State Committee will convene its General Meeting annually
3 committee members
Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 April 2012 11:27