The Leadership for Clinicians program aims to provide medical practitioners with the fundamental knowledge, practical skills and confidence to become a Medical Manager or Leader and play a central role in decision making within their healthcare and community services. In consultation with AIDA, RACMA offers a full scholarship annually to an AIDA Member for its Leadership for Clinicians Program. Details of this scholarship application opportunity are circulated by AIDA to its members.
The program explores six key study themes:
- Understanding our healthcare system
- Clinical governance and medicolegal awareness
- Medical workforce management and engagement
- Leading strategy and change
- Financial governance
- Professionalism, leadership and culture
The LFC Program currently has two delivery modes: blended and fully online. Timetables are available on the RACMA website. The scholarship recipient can choose to attend any cohort.
Those who successfully complete the program may apply to elect to Associate Fellowship of RACMA. To be eligible to participate in the Leadership for Clinicians Program you must have:
a minimum of three years direct patient care;
• current medical registration in Australia and;
• be in good standing with your employer and other medical specialty colleges.
Further information about the Leadership for Clinicians program can be found here.