The IHPASC was formed in 2020 and is Co-Chaired by Dr Peter Jansen FRACMA, Adj. Prof Brad Murphy OAM. Its purpose is to contribute to leadership and vision for achieving high quality, safe health services and systems through policy and advocacy for Indigenous health. This includes a focus on:
• raising awareness of indigenous issues,
• supporting RACMA members to engage in cultural safety,
• promoting and supporting First Nations medical leaders in medical leadership roles,
• ensuring that First Nations considerations are addressed in RACMA policies and procedures, and
• creating education pathways to increase the number of First Nations medical leaders.
Contact our First Nations Advisor to be put in touch with IHPASC members, who are very happy to answer questions, provide support, or have a general chat about considering RACMA as a career pathway.
Phone: +61 3 9824 4699