The STP prioritises health settings in rural locations (defined as ASGS RA2-5 location), or in the private sector.
The following organisations are eligible to apply:
- Rural and Regional hospitals (ASGS RA 2-5)
- Private health care organisations
- Aged Care services
- Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services and Aboriginal Medical Services
- Community health organisations
Only new training posts with a minimum of 0.5 FTE will be considered for funding. A position will not be considered new if:
- it has been funded by another organisation for more than 12 months within the last three years. A position that was funded by another organisation within the last 12 months will need to conclusively demonstrate that its funding is not ongoing.
- it is funded by the applicant organisation or a State and Territory government.
Individual Candidates cannot apply for funding. Candidates should liaise with their relevant College and/or specific health care facility if they wish to participate in the STP.