MARGARET TOBIN CHALLENGE AWARD PROTOCOL 2018
Arrangements for the Margaret Tobin Challenge Award will be compiled and coordinated centrally at the National Office with nominations received from each of the State/Territory/New Zealand Committees.
Judging criteria will be:
- Relevance of the topic to either the conference theme or sub themes
- Content – clear and concise, non ‘jargonistic’
- Presentation – clearly communicated, systematic structure, audience engaging
- Impact and Originality – contributes to the theory and practice of medical management
- Questions – adequately addresses each point of a question
The theme of the conference is: Change – Disruption. Innovation. Transformation
The Subthemes of the conference are:
- Disruption, Innovation & Transformation in Healthcare
and Service Provision
- Technology, Health Informatics & Digitalisation
- Workforce Change, Culture, Health and Wellbeing
- Impact of Traditional Medicine in Healthcare
- Integrated Care and Community Services
- Medical Leadership – Disruption and Diversity
- Challenges in Private Healthcare
Presentation should be limited to a maximum of twelve minutes, with a further three minutes allocated to questions.
The Award will be presented to the Candidate who presents a paper of the highest quality in the opinion of the judging panel. This panel will comprise the Censor in Chief, and Chairs Continuing Education Program Committee and Education and Training Committee.
State/Territory/New Zealand Committees are asked to encourage a number of Candidates to present a paper for the Award. These are then shortlisted and a Candidate representative is nominated and declared to the National Office.
All nominations are to be submitted to email@example.com
Announcement of the winner and presentation of the Award will be made at the Conferment Ceremony at the conference. The winner of the Margaret Tobin Challenge Award will receive a cheque for $1,500 and an inscribed medal.