Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Application Close Date: 18/09/2022
Where you’ll be working
- Provide support and input in medical matters for icare!
- Fixed term (up to 12 months mat cover), Full-time position, Sydney CBD
- Hybrid working environment, Attractive salary
We care for the people of NSW, building confidence and trust so our communities can thrive. We make the complex simple, so our schemes deliver better outcomes for people and communities. Whether a person is severely injured in the workplace or on our roads, icare supports their long-term care needs to improve quality of life, including helping people return to work.
We insure over 326,000 NSW businesses and 202 NSW Government agencies. We protect around 90 per cent of public and private sector workers in NSW – that’s approximately 4 million people. icare is a trusted risk advisor to the NSW Government, protecting over $228 billion of the state’s most iconic assets, including the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
About the Role
Support the Chief Medical Officer and the Medical Office in all matters related to programs designed, created, delivered, and/or supported by the icare Medical Office to ensure the planned objectives are achieved.
It’s an exciting time at icare where no two days are the same; as a Senior Medical Officer you will:
- Plan and provide input into the development of icare’s resources to initiate and respond to significant medical matters and trends as they may affect the operations of the business.
- Assist and support the development and implementation of service and research innovation across the organisation.
- Provide advice and support the resolution of significant medical matters to ensure effective outcomes or to develop frameworks to assist in the resolution of disputed or contentious medical issues.
- Guide and support clinical services funded or provided directly by icare to ensure they adhere to the appropriate standards of quality and safety, and are compliant with relevant Safety and Quality regulations.
- Contribute to assessing changes which impact the business, considering emerging trends, formulating and re-formulating strategies, plans and priorities, exercising judgement in the absence of precedent and making decisions with enduring and/or far-reaching impact.
Your story so far:
- Tertiary level qualifications at degree level or higher in medicine (MBBS)
- Current, unrestricted medical registration in NSW
- Understanding of Workers Compensation and related matters
- Highly developed understanding of ‘best practice’ health services and the application of evidence-based preventative health and wellness programs.
- Leadership role in a clinical capacity
- Comprehensive understanding of epidemiology and related medical research
If you think you’re the right person for this role, please apply now. Don’t delay as we’re assessing applications as they are received.
icare recognise the value of diverse perspectives and experience. We are committed to an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected for who they are. If there are any accessibility adjustments you need to help you be able to apply for this role, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia, New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand passport or have unrestricted working rights to apply for this role.
- icare is the brand of Insurance & Care NSW
- For more information about icare visit our website
- icare operates a direct sourcing model so no agency introductions will be accepted
- We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
- A talent pool may be created through this recruitment process. A talent pool is a group of applicants who have been assessed and identified as suitable for this role, and who may be considered for a range of similar roles.
Applications close Sunday 18/09/2022
Back to Industry Vacancies