Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Darwin, NT
Application Close Date: 10/8/2022
Where you’ll be working
NT Health, Royal Darwin and Palmerston Hospital (RDPH) is looking to fill our Medical Administration Registrar position which is primarily at Royal Darwin Hospital but may have projects/training opportunities in other NT Hospitals.
NT Health is responsible for the delivery of comprehensive public health services for the Top End region of the Northern Territory (NT). NT Health consists of Royal Darwin Hospital (RDH), Gove District Hospital and Katherine Hospital, Palmerston Regional Hospital, the Top End Mental Health Service (TEMHS) and Alcohol and other Drug (AOD) Services, Alice Springs Hospital, Tennant Creek Hospital and the Primary Health Branch which provides primary health services to both urban and remote communities throughout the NT. RDH is a 367 bed principal tertiary referral hospital within the region and provides a broad range of services in all specialty areas to the Darwin urban population as well as serving as a referral centre to the Top End of the NT, Western Australia and South-East Asia. RDH is the largest teaching hospital in the NT and is also recognised as Australia’s National Critical Care and Trauma Response Centre (NCCTRC).
About the Role
Provide assistance to the Director of Medical Services in the provision of medical services with an emphasis on achieving and maintaining the highest possible standards of medical and clinical care within NT Health.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Assist the Director of Medical Services with daily operational issues, strategic imperatives, development, facilitation and implementation of policy, protocols and the enactment of relevant
- In cooperation with the clinical departments and the manager of the Medical Services Unit have responsibility for managing recruitment, appointment and rostering of junior medical staff at Royal Darwin and Palmerston Hospital (RDPH)
- Support Senior Medical Managers within NT Health through research activities, health service and business priorities, innovative programs, development of policies and implementation strategies relevant to NT Health.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of Medical Officers including, credentialing, orientation, rostering and compliance with the current Medical Officers (NTPS) Enterprise
- Participate in medical clinical governance and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities within RDH and NT Health.
- Assist with the Prevocational Education and Training Program (PETP).
- Follow defined service quality standards, Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe services and
- Foster a positive workplace culture through exemplary leadership practices and role modelling
- Participate in strategic health projects as required to develop administrative skills.
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia (MBA).
- Currently enrolled or intent to enrol in the Fellowship Training Program with the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (RACMA).
- Minimum of three years clinical
- Evidence of active involvement in relevant education and training activities within health services, state or
- Knowledge and understanding of CQI
- Highly developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and the ability to consult and interact with internal and external
- High level organisational skills and the ability to manage concurrent
- Demonstrated experience in information management, Information Technology (IT) and reporting
- An ability to interact effectively with people from diverse
Positions may be subject to pre-employment checks such as immunisation requirements, working with children clearance notice and criminal history checks. A criminal history will not exclude an applicant from this position unless it is a relevant criminal history. For immunisation requirements – Category A (direct contact with blood or body substances) or Category B (indirect contact with blood or body substances), check with contact person for requirements.
Vacancy number: 916
For more information:
Rachel Fernandez, Acting Manager Medical Services on 08 8922 6193 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday 10/8/2022
Back to Industry Vacancies