The Department of Health is committed to improving the health and wellbeing of patients, clients and the Tasmanian community through a sustainable, high quality and safe health system. We value leading with purpose, being creative and innovative, acting with integrity, being accountable and being collegial. The Department seeks to provide an environment that supports safe work practices, diversity and respect, including with employment opportunities and ongoing learning and development. We value the diverse backgrounds, skills and contributions of all employees and treat each other and members of the community with respect. We do not tolerate discrimination, harassment or bullying in the workplace
The Department of Health is seeking interest from suitably qualified applicants for a Head of Department – General Medicine vacancy.
The Head of Department General Medicine provides leadership to the Department of General Medicine, working under the governance of the Clinical and Nursing Directors of the Acute Medical Stream.
The General Medical team is a dynamic team who provide the clinical care for the largest cohort of unscheduled care in the Royal Hobart Hospital.
The applicant must demonstrate appropriate leadership skills and the ability to work within in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
1.Demonstrated ability to provide specialist services at a tertiary referral teaching hospital.
2. Demonstrated capacity for undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
3. Ability to undertake and manage research activities.
4. Ability to communicate effectively and maintain good interpersonal relationships.
5. Knowledge of recent advances in the relevant medical specialty.
To be appointed as a Senior Specialist the following additional Selection Criteria must also be met:
1. Completion of a minimum of 14 years as a Specialist Medical Practitioner.
2. Demonstrated leadership beyond clinical supervision and management responsibilities, including strategic
responsibilities for service design and delivery, innovation, teaching and research.
3. Demonstrated participation in management activities, including high level committees and working parties
and other forums, at a local, statewide, national and international level.
Dr Paul MacIntyre :
Clinical Director – Acute Medical
Mobile: 0407 153 827
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania.
Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au
Applications close: Thursday the 20th of January 2022.
Back to Industry Vacancies