Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Cooktown, Thursday Island or Weipa, QLD
Position Classification: Staff Specialist
Application Close Date: 21/01/2022
About the Role
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Executive Director of Medical Services undertakes an executive role and is accountable for professional oversight of the medical workforce of Torres and Cape Hospital and Health Service (TCHHS). This includes aligning TCHHS medical profession services, practice and standards to TCHHS health service strategic and operational plans, and overseeing an integrated professional practice framework, structure and function for the medical workforce in the Torres and Cape Hospital and Health Service. The role holds line management responsibility for oral health, medical workforce planning and clinical governance/quality and safety.
Requirements for the role:
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration or membership with the appropriate registration authority or association. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/ manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
- Registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia / Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA).
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a Director of Medical Service role of a large facility / HHS
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (FRACMA).
- Clinical credentials and clinical scope of practice in a medical speciality or in rural generalist practice, and; significant experience in medical administration; and completion of Queensland Health Medical Managers Orientation Course.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated skills, capability and experience in leadership and management at a strategic level for medical services in a hospital and health service or equivalent setting, with experience as an executive health service Director of Medical services in a rural and remote setting.
- A proven ability to strategically and effectively manage a service budget, including financial, physical and human resources in a complex and diverse health care setting.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience at a strategic level in leadership, leading and influencing change, management and drive measurable outcomes in the area of clinical care delivery.
- Extensive experience in the strategic and operational aspects of implementing and maintaining effective clinical governance culture, systems and outcomes. You will develop, implement and participate in quality improvement and risk management programs and a have proven commitment to support and advance evidence based clinical practice.
If you would like further information or a copy of the PD, please contact Justine Eden on 0412 156 930.
To apply please upload your CV and a 1-2 page covering letter demonstrating how you meet the requirements of this role via https://edenritchie.com.au/job/executive-director-of-medical-services/
Job Reference: 555637
Applications closes: 21st of January 2022
Back to Industry Vacancies