Position Classification: Staff Specialist
Requisition ID: REQ238549
Application Close Date: 18-Jul-2021
Purpose of the Position
- The Executive Director, Medical Services is a key member of the NSLHD Executive Team responsible for providing expert senior medical input into the strategic, operational and executive decision-making of NSLHD. Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will provide professional leadership and oversight across a range of areas including clinical services, clinical governance, data analytics/digital innovation and patient safety, as well as strategic oversight of medical workforce services across the District to ensure the delivery of high quality care through the provision of clinical excellence and best practice in patient safety.
- The Executive Director, Medical Services is also responsible for research governance in NSLHD including facilitating operational management of research proposals and implementation of the NSLHD Research Strategy. As part of the Executive team, you will also contribute to decision making on clinical matters across NSLHD and be key in the engagement and involvement of medical staff across Hospitals and Services. The Executive Director, Medical Services will provide advice to the Chief Executive and other Executive team members on medical workforce matters, including workforce professional development and professional competency, medical workforce planning and strategy, medico-legal issues including significant legal matters such as coronial matters, and relevant statutory requirements.
- MBBS or equivalent, currently registered or eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia and a recognised specialist qualification, preferably Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators as provided for in the NSW Staff Specialist (State) Award.
- Consistently demonstrates behaviours that reinforce the CORE Values of our organisation; Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment. Demonstrates these behaviours with all stakeholders; colleagues, direct reports, as well as our patients and consumers, and those that care for them
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical practices and procedures and an ability to apply that knowledge to achieve high standards of quality, efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of health services
- Human resource management skills and proven ability to coach and support senior executives including Clinical Directors in the performance management and associated challenges of ensuring a sustainable medical workforce
- Strong and demonstrated clinical leadership, analytical, medico legal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, including written and verbal communication skills in liaison and negotiation at all organisational levels and a demonstrated ability to work across a broad range of clinical disciplines
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement principles, and ability to ensure the provision of high quality clinical services across the LHD
- Extensive experience in the management of change and significant organisational reform programs
- Demonstrated interest in promoting and supporting high quality health research across the District
Need more information?
1) The requirements of the position can be viewed via the Position Description
2) For assistance with your application please refer to the eCredential guide
3) To view the Scope of Clinical Practice for this position click here
For role related queries or questions please contact Deborah Willcox on 9462 9942 or email Deborah.Willcox@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 18 July 2021
Please Note: NSW Health does not require or accept the ‘Fit2Work badge’ offered as an option in eCredential.
Back to Industry Vacancies