Exciting Leadership Opportunity
Director of Medical Services, Lower Mid North Coast Sector
Based at Manning Rural Referral Hospital, Taree NSW
Hunter New England Local Health District is looking for a committed leader to join the Lower Mid North Coast
Sector (LMNCS) team as the Director of Medical Services. Applicant must be eligible for registration with the
Medical Board of Australia as a General or Specialist, and/or overseas trained specialist pathways, or working
toward eligibility for specialist qualification with the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators.
About the role:
- You will be responsible for the provision of expert professional and clinical leadership in the strategic and
operational management of Medical Services and Medical Workforce within Lower Mid-North Coast.
- As a member of the Executive, you will contribute to the overall leadership and management of the sector,
the development and implementation of future goals, making sure that patients experience the best possible
care safely and compassionately whilst staff work in a safe, healthy and culturally sensitive environment.
- You will provide leadership of both the Senior Medical Officers (SMO) and Junior Medical Officers (JMO)
working in the LMNCS including Manning Rural Referral, Wingham Rehabilitation, Gloucester Memorial and
- Be the lead for all medical matters within the LMNCS, with a particular focus on coordination of clinical
services, quality and safety of clinical services, performance management of junior and senior medical staff
as well as all workforce matters key to ensure the medical workforce is operating at its full potential.
- You will ensuring a commitment by all medical staff to Excellence, Every Patient, Every Time facilitating
effective communication to develop a positive culture.
About Lower Mid North Coast Sector:
- Serves diverse local Manning Valley communities which include Taree, Forster, Tuncurry, Old Bar, Nabiac,
Diamond Beach, Wingham, Bulahdelah, Harrington, Gloucester and surrounding districts.
- Manning Rural Referral Hospital – has 180 beds including 20 mental health beds. Provides specialist services
including Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Intensive Care Medicine, Anaesthesia, General Surgery,
Urology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Internal Medicine, Renal and Oncology Services. Is moving forward, currently
undergoing a $140 million redevelopment with a new oncology, renal, radiology and outpatient building
completed and future further development (consultation phase is currently underway)
- Wingham Rehabilitation Hospital has 16 beds and provides inpatient and outpatient Rehabilitation and
Dementia specific care to older persons.
- Gloucester Soldiers Memorial Hospital is an 80 bed campus and provides a range of services including 24
hour ED, Medical, Surgical, Palliative Care, limited Obstetrics and Paediatrics, X-ray, Physiotherapy and aged
- Bulahdelah Hospital is an outpatient community service clinic.
The Idyllic Lifestyle of the Lower Mid North Coast
Located in the Manning Valley, we are just three hours’ drive north of Sydney, two hours north of Newcastle and
one hour south of Port Macquarie. Our home is renowned for its natural assets including stunning national
parks, 45km of pristine coastline, some of the best beaches in Australia and the country’s only double delta river
system, offering two entrances to the ocean. Whether you’re into diving or mountain biking, bush walking or
dragon boating, whale watching or water skiing, or just browsing local markets, the Manning region has
something to offer everyone. We provide a great environment to bring up a young family and offer a real sense
of belonging in our community. Click here for more information on this beautiful corner of the world.
Applications close: 03 May 2020
Back to Industry Vacancies