ABOUT BATHURST HEALTH SERVICE
Bathurst Health Service is a progressive and dynamic public health service dedicated to providing the highest level of healthcare to improve the health and wellbeing of our community in Regional NSW.
We serve a town population of roughly 45,000 people and a significantly larger catchment area, with our Emergency Department seeing approximately 25,000 patients per year with a rate of admission of 35%.
As one of the three major rural referral hospitals within the Western NSW Local Health District, we care for some of the most vulnerable health populations in Australia.
ABOUT THE DIRECTOR OF MEDICAL SERVICES ROLE:
The Western NSW Local Health District is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Staff Specialist for the position of Director of Medical Services (DMS) at Bathurst Health Service.
As DMS, you will provide effective leadership and management of medical services of both senior and junior medical staff within a vibrant multidisciplinary healthcare setting. Your role will lead medical clinical governance, including patient safety and quality improvement, as well as contribute to initiatives that reduce unwarranted clinical variation and deliver better value care to the Bathurst community.
As a passionate advocate for Bathurst Health Service, you will have the opportunity to actively participate in and contribute to the planning activities and priorities of the Western NSW Local Health District.
BENEFITS OF THE ROLE:
- NSW Health Staff Specialist Award rates plus superannuation & access to employee benefits including salary packaging
- Paid leave entitlements including Training, Education & Study Leave (TESL)
- Ongoing professional development (Bathurst Health Service has provisional accreditation from RACMA as a training site)
- Financial incentives to support relocation & accommodation
- Contemporary & well equipped health service
- Affordable housing, premium education options & a wide range of community facilities
- True work/life balance
- Country living just 2.5 hours from Sydney NSW
Click on the video below to find out more about work and life as an employee at Bathurst Health Service.
WE WELCOME CANDIDATES WHO CAN DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING:
- Australian citizen or permanent resident, or eligible for sponsorship to work in Australia and Registered as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators or other appropriate specialist recognition as provided for in the Staff Specialist (State) Award that is additionally supported by postgraduate qualifications in management.
- Demonstrated extensive experience of clinical leadership and management at an executive/senior level inclusive of medical administration, medical workforce, professional practice, clinical governance, medical ethics, clinical teaching and leadership and change management, including managing health financial, activity and reporting systems.
- Sound knowledge of contemporary health issues, rural healthcare priorities and reform agendas within the NSW Health system.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal communication (both verbal and written) and negotiation skills at all levels of the organisation.
- Knowledge, understanding and commitment to EEO, ethical practice, Aboriginal Health, and other relevant statements and priorities as they relate to the position.
- Hold a current Drivers Licence and the ability to travel regularly for work purposes.
DOWNLOAD THE FULL CANDIDATE INFORMATION PACK
Back to Industry Vacancies