Employment Type: Full-time
Application Close Date: 13/3/2023
Where you’ll be working
Wide Bay Hospital and Health Service is responsible for the delivery of public hospital and health services including medical, surgical, emergency, obstetrics, paediatrics, specialist outpatient clinics, mental health, critical care and clinical support services to people residing in a geographical area which incorporates the North Burnett, Bundaberg and Fraser Coast local government areas and part of Gladstone local government area (Miriam Vale).
The Fraser Coast, known for its diverse, natural landscapes, laid-back lifestyle and mild climate, is located just a quick 45-minute flight north of Brisbane. This destination with a difference is the stepping off point to the World Heritage-listed Fraser Island, the location of incredible whale watching encounters and has arguably the safest family-friendly beaches in Queensland. Stroll along the Hervey Bay esplanade for alfresco cafes, shops, picnic areas, playgrounds and vibrant marina, or soak up the history and culture in the provincial city of Maryborough.
About the Role
The Director of Medical Services (DMS) reports to the Executive Director of Medical Services (EDMS), Wide Bay Hospital and Health Service (WBHHS) and provides specialised medical administration support and direction to clinical services across the Fraser Coast.
- Mandatory possession of a Medical qualification from a registered tertiary institution and Registration with the Medical Board of Australia (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency) with a current annual practicing certificate is essential.
- Possession of qualifications and experience appropriate for registration as a Specialist in Medical Administration by the Australian Heath Practitioner’s Regulation Agency. Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (RACMA) is preferred. Specialists in possession of registration in other clinical specialties may be considered if significant progress towards achieving specialist registration in medical administration can be demonstrated.
- Specialist Registrants will be preferred in all positions; however non-specialists or overseas trained specialists may be considered where appropriate and significant progression towards fellowship can be demonstrated. Applicants who have completed specialist qualifications but are yet to be registered as a specialist are encouraged to apply.
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and if applicable registration or membership with the appropriate registration authority or association. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
- This position requires the incumbent to work at other facilities within the Wide Bay Hospital and Health
- Enquiries: Dr Scott Kitchener 0458 476 386
- Job Ad Reference: H2302WB471194
- Application Details:
Closing Date: Monday, 13th March, 2023
Back to Industry Vacancies