Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Bunbury, WA
Position Classification: Staff Specialist
Application Close Date: 130/12/2021
Where you’ll be working
St John of God Bunbury Hospital is seeking a Director of Medical Services as a key member of the executive management leadership team reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors.
It has a central role in leading medical and organizational cultural leadership executive and board reporting on medical and clinical matters medical workforce performance and development education and training for medical practitioners and participates as an active member of the Hospital executive to facilitate best practice delivery of high-quality patient centered care.
As a valued member of our multi-disciplinary executive leadership team the Director of Medical Services contributes to consumer, carer and community relationships and partnerships supporting and advising other health professionals and members of the executive team and strategic health service system activities.
About the Role
The Director of Medical Services will provide strong inclusive leadership promoting the Vision, Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care (SJGHC) as outlined in Our Vision document ensuring effective and sustainable expression within all areas of responsibility.
- Engage in behavior that supports and promotes the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Ensure the Ethical Standards of Catholic Health Care are adhered to throughout the day to day running of the Hospital, research projects and clinical trials
- Undertake a senior leadership role in the Division with active participation in decision making as a member of the hospitals Divisional Management Committee (DMC)
- Provide leadership to the Medical Services Directorate and foster a spirit of trust and communication between medical officers and other health or administrative professionals in a way that drives a healthy culture
- Provide expert advice regarding the provision of medical services
- Build and maintain the highest standards of medical practice to enhance the hospitals’ reputation within an efficient, patient-centered environment
- Provides effective professional representation at relevant industry forums, and with relevant community and professional bodies
- Leads the Directorate in all aspects of Clinical Governance
- Provides high-level support to credentialing (including meeting with potential doctors to determine their suitability), on-boarding and scope of practice for medical staff
- Demonstrates a commercial outlook in support of the Hospitals strategy and targets, and shares in the development and ownership of the annual budget with the DMC
- Develops and grows relationships with general practitioners and other health care providers in the area with the purpose of delivering hospital services that meet the needs of community health care practitioners and the hospital in partnership
Background and Qualifications:
- Registered medical practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to achieve ACHS Accreditation.
- Postgraduate management or leadership qualification
- A significant experience at the ‘leading edge’ of a recognized area of medical practice.
- Involvement in and commitment to medical education.
- Strong knowledge of contemporary health issues and policies
- Attainment of or evidence of study toward a relevant postgraduate qualification applicable to health management. (Fellows of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators or candidates in training towards Fellowship will be highly regarded.)
If you are an experienced medical leader with a history of excellence in patient care and leading hospitals in identifying, developing and implementing business initiatives, send your applications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications closes: 30th of December 2021
Back to Industry Vacancies