Employment Type: Permanent Full-time
Location: Bacchus Marsh and Melton, Victoria
Position Classification: Staff Specialist
Application Close Date: 13/9/2021
Where you’ll be working
Western Health’s workforce of over 9,000 employees are driven by our values of ‘Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Safety’ (CARES). We value our people and provide them the opportunity to grow and develop. Our teams are friendly and supportive, ensuring we deliver a safe, person-centred and connected patient experience.
Western Health comprises of three acute public hospitals: Footscray, Sunshine and Williamstown Hospital. We also operate the Joan Kirner Women’s and Children’s, Sunbury Day Hospital, Transition Care at Hazeldean and a range of community based services. We care for a diverse community of over 1 million people with complex care needs ranging from Neonates to Geriatrics.
Our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits such as:
- Professional development support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Salary packaging including novated vehicle leasing
- Work-life balance
- Western Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining diversity in our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Western Health is committed to providing a safe environment for the children and young people who are involved in our services, sites and operations. We follow and abide by all legislative requirements to keep children and young people safe.
About the Role
The Deputy Chief Medical Officer provides support and expertise in all aspects of Medical Leadership and Management for a number of Western Health sites including Bacchus Marsh Hospital, Melton Health (and its future development, Melton Hospital), Sunbury Day Hospital and future developments such as the Point Cook Community Hospital and the work on enhancing Sunbury to be a community hospital.
This role will also act as a key support for senior leaders at the aforementioned sites, predominantly in the areas of workforce and clinical governance. Furthermore, these tasks broadly include:
- Oversight of medical workforce management through the Medical Workforce Unit acting as the key site contact for medical staff for Bacchus Marsh and Melton sites, as well as the Sunbury Day Hospital
- Demonstrating collaborative leadership by developing effective working partnerships with Bacchus Marsh and Melton site leadership teams including General Manager and Directors of Nursing, Director of Community Services and Dental Services.
- Credentialing and Defining the Scope of Practice for Medical Practitioners based at the regional sites
- Facilitate and support robust Clinical Governance including clinical incident management, investigation of clinical incidents, implementation of quality improvements, and leadership and advice on the NSQHS Standards and Aged Care Quality Standards.
- Leading medical engagement with the junior and senior medical workforce
- Working as part of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) team which includes the Deputy Chief Medical Officer – Metropolitan, the Registrar in Medical Leadership and Management, and more broadly with other Divisions of the CMO Directorate (Medical Services).
- Cover for the CMO as required
To be Successful in this Role you
- Would be committed to a non-clinical medical management and leadership role
- Have a medical qualification and current registration with AHPRA without conditions, undertakings or reprimands
- Hold Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (FRACMA) or can show significant progress towards obtaining Fellowship.
- Have relevant knowledge and experience in Medical Leadership and Management.
- Possess outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Have sound knowledge of and developments in clinical governance, accreditation, clinical education training & development, and the strategic and operational aspects of clinical services delivery.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Police Record Check, an Immunization status clearance and (if applicable) a Working with Children’s Check.
For further enquiries please contact:
Dr. Paul Eleftheriou at email@example.com
Dr. Birinder Giddey at firstname.lastname@example.org
Western Health do not accept unsolicited resumes/applications from Recruitment Agencies.
Back to Industry Vacancies