Employment Type: Part-time
Location: Sunshine Coast, QLD
Position Classification: Staff Specialist
Application Close Date: 29/09/2021
Where you’ll be working
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an emerging tertiary health service undergoing rapid expansion in the wonderful geographical environs of Sunshine Coast.
The Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service (SCHHS) is a dynamic health service provider that operates in an environment where quality patient care is paramount. Our vision, as a health service, is to provide health and wellbeing through exceptional care.
SCHHS has embarked on a significant transformation journey with the opening of the SCUH with further planned growth. The expanded Health Service, incorporating SCUH, will have the capacity to meet the growing health care needs of the Sunshine Coast and Gympie communities. SCHHS is a multi-campus health service and employees may be required to work across various locations as required. Services are delivered from facilities based at Nambour, Gympie, Caloundra, Birtinya, Maleny and community locations across the Sunshine Coast.
About the Role
We are seeking an exceptional leader join our Community and Preventive Health team as Clinical Director. This position will partner with the General Manager to develop, lead, implement and report on operational plans which includes measurable health outcomes through contemporary practice and evidence-based care. In addition to clinical and professional expertise, skills and experience in managing people, leadership and budgets are required.
Being a Clinical Director of the Community and Preventive Directorate in the SCHHS brings substantial opportunity with significant responsibility and accountability. The Clinical Director of the Community and Preventive Directorate (CD CPH) provides clinical leadership for the Directorate to ensure effective operational service delivery and provides support for clinical staff through clinical governance, education and research structures in the directorate that link with Hospital and Health Service (HHS) Clinical Governance systems and the other service lines.
- In collaboration with other Community and Preventive Health (CPH) professional leads promote the development of sustainable and innovative models of care and workforce models, service improvements and integrations which maximise clinical service effectiveness and efficiency for the Hospital and Health Service.
- Initiate and lead vertical and horizontal professional collaboration and negotiation with internal and external stakeholders to drive service integration and improvements; reduce duplication; achieve agreed goals; and promote educational and training imperatives.
- Be accountable for high standards of clinical practice and governance in CPH Directorate in accordance with relevant standards and professional ethics. This includes ensuring the services incorporated in the Directorate has policies to protect and safeguard vulnerable groups, manage medicines and controlled drugs safely and effectively maintain high standards of infection management and control.
- Work collaboratively with Medical Directors of the CPH Directorate and across departments and divisions and work as a member of the clinical team in their nominated specialisation area. Medical Directors escalate to the CD CPH to apprise clinical and professionalism issues; propose service changes and ask for advice/advocacy regarding HHS strategic fit regarding their clinical service planning.
- Possession of a Medical degree (MBBS or equivalent) from a registered tertiary institution.
- Current registration (or be eligible for registration) with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) to practice.
- Possession of a Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) or Fellowship of the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (FACRRM) or Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP) or equivalent collegiate authority or body.
- Previous experience in a managerial and/or leadership role is highly desirable.
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
For further information please contact:
Tanya Grant at (07) 5479 9832 or email Recruitment-Sunshine-Coast@health.qld.gov.au
Back to Industry Vacancies