Employment Type: Temporary 12 months, Full-Time
Location: St. Leonards, NSW
Position Classification: Staff Specialist
Application Close Date: 9/01/2022
Where you’ll be working
Northern Sydney Local Health District (NSLHD) offers opportunities that will help you learn and further develop your professional skills. We are affiliated with some of Australia’s biggest and most sought after universities. Our in-house training is designed to suit today’s contemporary public health setting, taught by our highly skilled and friendly educators.
The NSLHD Health and Wellbeing Plan has been designed with staff in mind and aims to set out a strong commitment to assist them with health and wellbeing. It provides a holistic and simple approach while recognizing that we all have different needs and priorities. The plan commits to supporting the health and wellbeing of our workforce and sets a platform to achieve this.
Central to the health and wellbeing program are the four key health pillars: healthy bodies, healthy places, healthy minds and healthy culture.
We are committed to promoting a work culture and environment that supports healthy lifestyles through our health and wellbeing program. The plan does not stand alone as it aligns with our CORE values and the district’s strategic commitment to an engaged and empowered workforce.
About the Role
Reporting to the Executive Medical Director, the Associate Director Medical Services is responsible for the strategic oversight of all NSLHD medical workforce services to ensure the delivery of clinical excellence and best practice in patient safety.
Through the Executive Medical Director, the Associate Director Medical Services will provide advice to the Chief Executive and other members of the Executive team on medical workforce matters, including workforce professional development and professional competency and, medical workforce planning and strategy.
This position is responsible for the Director Basic Physician Training Network, Director Surgical Skills Program, Director Emergency Medicine Training Network and Manager Medical Workforce.
- MBBS or equivalent, currently registered or eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia and a recognized specialist qualification, preferably Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators as provided for in the NSW Staff Specialist (State) Award.
- Consistently demonstrates behaviours that reinforce the CORE Values of our organization; Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment. Demonstrates these behaviours with all stakeholders; colleagues, direct reports, as well as our patients and consumers, and those that care for them.
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical practices and procedures and an ability to apply that knowledge to achieve high standards of quality, efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of health services
- Human resource management skills and proven ability to coach and support senior executives including Clinical Directors in the performance management and associated challenges of ensuring a sustainable medical workforce.
- Strong and demonstrated clinical leadership, analytical, medico legal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, including written and verbal communication skills in liaison and negotiation at all organisational levels and a demonstrated ability to work across a broad range of clinical disciplines.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement principles, and ability to ensure the provision of high quality clinical services across the LHD.
- Extensive experience in the management of change and significant organizational reform programs.
- The requirements of the position can be viewed via the Position Description.
- For assistance with your application please refer to the eCredential guide.
- To view the Clinical Privileges and Scope of Clinical Practice for this position click here.
For role related queries or questions contact Deborah Willcox on (02) 9462 9942 or email. Deborah.Willcox@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications closes: 9th of January 2022
Back to Industry Vacancies