DISTINGUISHED FELLOW – REGULATION
The Distinguished Fellow award was introduced in 2017 and is presented to a RACMA Fellow who provides distinguished meritorious service to the wider healthcare system in a duty of great care.
2.0 CRITERIA FOR AWARD
- exceptional performance of normal duty does not justify an award;
- more than one nominee may be considered for the award in a single year;
- there must be justification of outstanding service to the greater healthcare system; and
- exemplary nomination(s) must be received for any assessment by the board to be conducted.
3.1 The College Office will seek nominations annually from Board Members or Jurisdictional Committee Chairs.
3.2 The Nominator completes the approved nomination form and returns it to the College Office.
3.3 The College Office will verify the nomination and submit to the Board.
3.4 The award will be presented to the recipient at the conferment ceremony.
To be eligible for nomination of the Distinguished Fellow award, the following must be met:
- the nominee must have provided outstanding achievement in medical administration;
- ongoing dedication to public service as a healthcare professional;
- leadership and innovation within healthcare;
- achieved remarkable achievement in the wider healthcare system;
- the nominee is recognised by their peers as an exemplary College Fellow; and
- nominations will not be eligible after the closing date.
4.1 MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
All nominees must be in good standing with the College.
5.0 FINANCIAL IMPLICATIONS OF THE AWARD
Expenses incurred by the recipient to receive the award are not reimbursed.