The College awards one RACMA Supervisor for outstanding support, education, guidance and advocacy to RACMA Candidates undertaking the RACMA Fellowship Training program. The award is an important part of the Fellowship Training Program and is the College’s recognition of major contribution to training, mentorship and competency development.
2.0 CRITERIA FOR AWARD
A Supervisor who provides distinguished service to the outstanding supervision of candidate(s) undertaking the RACMA Fellowship Training Program and has provided outstanding support, education and advocacy.
3.1 Nominations will be sought annually from Candidates to voluntarily nominate a Supervisor.
3.2 Candidates will receive the approved nomination form to complete and return to the College Office.
3.3 The College Office seeks feedback with the relevant Jurisdictional Committee Chair and the Candidate Advisory Committee (CAC) on the nominations.
3.4 The nominations, together with feedback, are forwarded to the Education and Training Committee for selection of the successful recipient.
3.5 The Education Training Committee will recommend to the Board the successful recipient for their endorsement.
3.6 The recipient and relevant Jurisdictional Committee Chair are advised by the College Office.
3.7 The award will be presented to the recipient at the conferment ceremony.
To be eligible for nomination of the Supervisor award, the following must be met:
- The Supervisor must be a direct supervisor to the nominating candidate. Supervisors with multiple candidates may be nominated by multiple candidates;
- The Supervisor must have provided outstanding support and guidance to the Candidate undertaking training with the College, specifically allocated for a continuous period of at least 6 months;
- The Supervisor does not have to be a Fellow of the College but must be actively engaged in the field of medical administration and provide major contribution to the Candidate’s training;
- The Supervisor must have demonstrated excellence in one or more RACMA competencies;
- The Supervisor must demonstrate outstanding level of engagement with the Candidate and other College stakeholders involved in the Candidate’s training; and
- Nominations will not be eligible after the closing date.
5.0 MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
All nominees must be in good standing with the College.
6.0 FINANCIAL IMPLICATIONS OF THE AWARD
Expenses incurred by the recipient to receive the award are not reimbursed.