The Vice President is a member of the College Board of Directors and its Executive Committee, is an Office Bearer pursuant to the RACMA Constitution; and therefore participates in the responsible leadership and direction of the College as defined by the College Strategic Plan.
The Vice President will support the RACMA Board of Directors to achieve its full potential to build a sustainable business, improve the education and training of medical practitioners in health services leadership and management services, promote the specialty of medical administration and advocate for the College and its Members.
The Vice President will deputise for the President when required and act within delegated authority from the Board for all aspects of the governance of the College.
The Vice President will be elected by the Members of the College and may serve for three terms of 3 years if re-elected.
- To chair and lead all meetings of the Board in the absence of the President.
- To support good corporate governance processes in accordance with current best practice principles and in the interests of stakeholders and that it complies with all relevant legislation.
- To promote strategic direction for the Board and the College.
- To ensure that appropriate objectives and policies are adopted, that the necessary financial and human resources are in place and that their performance is effectively monitored.
- To be fully conversant with the business of RACMA and with its legal and statutory obligations.
- To provide any requested input and advice to the Members to assist the nomination, selection and recruitment process for Members and ensure the Board is properly constituted.
- To support the President in monitoring and reviewing Board and organisational performance.
- To participate in effective induction of new Board members.
- To guide and promote the on-going effectiveness and development of Board members.
- To act as spokesperson for and on behalf of RACMA in all relevant public forums as appropriate.
- To ensure effective communication with stakeholders and supporters.
- To liaise with and report to Members.
- To enhance and protect the reputation of RACMA.